Will avoiding alcohol improve my CoolSculpting results?

I had Coolsculpting last week of my back fat and muffin top area and was wondering if avoiding alcoholic drinks would improve my results? I previously had cavi-lipo and was told to avoid alcohol and caffeine, since your body would burn both off prior to burning the fat. Thanks for any feedback!

Alcohol after Coolsculpting

Drinking, or not drinking, alcohol after a Coolsculpting treatment should not effect your results or recovery. The body doesn't need to burn the fat off or metabolize anything because those cells are dead and will be eliminated from the body.

Alcohol and Coosculpting

Alcohol should have no effect on the Coolsculpting procedure.  However, alcohol is very fattening and the extra calories can have you gain weight so always best to have a healthy diet and exercise when doing Coolsculpting.  Best, Dr. Green

Alcohol and CoolSculpting

Consuming alcohol will have no bearing on your CoolSculpting results.  Drinking alcohol beforehand could increase your risk of bruising, but will have no effect (positive or negative) on your final outcome.  I would, however, suggest discussing this with your provider and defer to their recommendations. 

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol

Alcohol intake will not affect your results. Alcohol does thin the blood and may cause more bruising before a procedure. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Will avoiding alcohol improve CoolSculpting results?

I do not believe that avoiding alcohol (in moderation) would affect CoolSculpting results.  Alcohol would not affect the elimination of the fat cells that are destroyed from a CoolSculpting treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol before surgery

Each Plastic Surgeon has their own view point on this and I would suggest you speak with your plastic surgeon. The reason that it is suggested that you stop or have minimal alcohol leading up to your surgery is that if can effect the metabolism (how fast the drugs last) of the anesthesia and pain medicines afterwards and can cause bleeding problems during surgery. Definitely do not drink and take pain medicines afterwards as it can cause you to stop breathing in certain circumstances.
My suggestions to my patients is to have no more than one glass of wine or beer per day 2 weeks before surgery and preferably stop a week prior to surgery, resuming after pain medicines have stopped and you are back to your normal routine.

#alcoholbeforesurgery