I have $5,000 saved up for rhinoplasty. How much more do I need to save up? I live in Florida. African American descent (Photo)

i want to know how much more I need to save I have 5000$ saved and I want rhinoplasty to improve my appearance I am saving all this money out of pocket And to save more is going to take me a life time I really just want to know a definite price

Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to acchieve your goals

Rhinoplasty is a very personal experience and it is important to trust your face to a surgeon that has significant experience with African American Noses.  I recommend you seeking a board certified facial plastic & reconstructive and/or Plastic surgeon to discuss the plan and expectations. 

I recommend you interviewing board certified surgeons in your area and make the decision based on your connection with the surgeon.  The fee should include Surgeon's fee, Operating room fee and Anesthesia fee.  I would suggest you seeking out the range for the procedure in your area and choose the surgeon that your feel most comfortable with.

Cost of rhinoplasty

Dear Dollbaby8080,

The actual cost of rhinoplasty may depend on whether your insurance would be involved or not and extensiveness of your surgery. Some insurance companies pay for functional portion of your septorhinoplasty surgery. Also bear in mind that anesthesia fee and facility fee are separate charges to your surgeon's fee.
Most practices will charge anywhere from $3000-$10,000 for rhinoplasty (all inclusive).

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

If you are in Florida traveling to Dominican Republic may be a choice to get a Rhinoplasty for your African American Nose.

Is unfortunate that your pictures do not allow me to make an evaluation since they should be taken at a close up range from your face, with your hair pull back : front, lateral and under the nostrils views.

I do not consider ethical to give you a quote without an evaluation, and also in private.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

My advice

Your bridge seems to be fine, if you are happy with it I would not touch the bridge; however the tip needs extensive reduction and very very important it needs grafting (Sheen's), since you have a poorly defined tip and you will be amazed how beautiful you may look with a well shaped and defined tiny tip.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. The price of rhinoplasty varies considerably from surgeon to surgeon and depends on a number of factors, the most important of which are 1) surgeons fee; 2) anesthesia fee 3) facility fee. By far the most cost effective way for you to achieve your goals is to find a well credentialed rhinoplasty surgeon who also works with insurance. Many do not, but there are some, particularly facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have $5,000 saved up for rhinoplasty. How much more do I need to save up? I live in Florida. African American descent

Yes the funds are OK but better for you to seek a few in person opinion consultations................

Cost for Rhinoplasty

This is obviously an important question for most patients. However it is not possible to accurately price a surgery like Rhinoplasty without knowing how involved the procedure will be. The more work to be done on a nose or the more involved or technically difficult that work is will typically lead to the cost being greater. Even then surgeons will vary in their prices based upon their skill, how much in demand their services are and even the geographic area their practice is located in. You should see a handful of surgeons to help you decide on the best approach to surgically reshape your nose. Then compare prices against which surgeons impressed you the most. Go with the best surgeon, even if the cost is more.  Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Cost of a rhinoplasty

It is always best a shop quality, not price, since the nose is the most prominent feature on your face. Rhinoplasty  is one of the hardest operations to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on experience, not price. Look at their before and after photo gallery, ratings, reviews, and testimonials and board certifications.
 The cost of a rhinoplasty is driven by 3 fees, which include time under anesthesia, time in the operating room, and the surgeon's fee for performing the procedure.
 For many examples and our current price list, please see the video and the link below

African-American Rhinoplasty

Rhinplasty is a complex procedure and ethnic rhinoplasty is even more specialized and needs more time to achieve the ideal shape and function. The cost of rhinoplasty varies depending on many factors. What you should consider is who can deliver you a nose that you would like to have? Good luck

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO

African-American rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty is a complex operation and should only be considered to be performed in the hands of an expert surgeon. Being a member of the rhinoplasty society myself, I know how much hard work it takes to belong to this society.  My advice would be to look for someone who is a member of the rhinoplasty society. As far as cost I would expect to pay $10,000-$25,000. Best wishes.  

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon