No space between breasts webbed look. Any suggestions? (photos)

Will this change? I'm worried the pockets were maDE too close together. I'm 7 weeks post op had an anchor lift and replaced 500 silicone implants with 685 moderate profile silicone. I feel like there is about 1/4 inch of raised skin between my implants giving me a raised webbed appearance. Is this just swelling ?

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Post op breast augmentation

You have very early postoperative results and should wait to make a final determination in 6-8 months. You still have postop swelling which needs to resolve.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Tight medial cleavage

A thigh medial cleavage is not a horrible problem; To begin with, some women find this desirable; second, as you age, over the next 5 to 10 years and so one, your breasts will have a tendency to lateralize, at which time you may find yourself desiring them to be more centralized.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Symmastia appearance

Thank you for the question. In general skin relaxation will help the appearance. Two things contribute to the occurrence of symmastia. 1. The pockets of implants are close together, and 2. Pressure from lateral aspects of the implant pockets. If symmastia does not improve with massaging and other conservative measures, operative revision sometimes may be necessary. 

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Webbed appearance in cleavage

Sometimes, with the vertical tension of a mastopexy will pull on the inside part of the breast skin in opposite directions. This may "tent" the skin over the breast bone. Usually, as this tension relaxes, this will go away. Takes a few weeks. Congratulations on your surgery,it looks good.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Not Getting Better

Unfortunately, your pockets are too big because your implants are too big. Your surgeon should have said no to your request for larger implants, but didn't in fear that you would have gone elsewhere and had it done. You will need a very complex operation to fix this and smaller implants. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

No space between breasts webbed look. Any suggestions?

As you're implants drop the space between year implants may increase because implants tend to drop down and out to the side.  If after 3-4 months however this is not improved a symmastia repair could be done.  My other concern is a significant size asymmetry which would require a smaller implant and pocket revision on the right side.

Symmastia concern

Thank you for the question and photos but an examination is really needed.  So see your surgeon and ask about a Symmastia bra

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD