Will 440 cc silicone gel high profile get me the big fake boob look that I want or should I go even bigger? (photos)

I love the look of big fake boobs. I want them to look fake but not huge like basketballs. I am 5'4" 140 and I am a 34 a/b depending on the bra. I am getting 440 cc but am wondering if that will give me the look I want. I know without an exam you can only give me a guess. Thanks in advance.

What size to choose

Achieving the big fake look you are describing is about more than just the right volume of implant.  Going above the muscle will also give you a rounder fake look.  The implant choice should be high profile.  The volume is tough to estimate via online response.  However, I'd say looking at your photos and from your description I think you'd be a bit unhappy with size if you used the 440.  The rule of thumb is 200 cc of volume is about equivalent to one cup size.  So if you are an a/b now - the 440 cc will make you a C/small D after.  I'm suggestion you consider 500 to 550 cc if you want closer to a large D or DD.  Hope this helps.

Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

You May Get Your Wish

Yes, I believe the size and style you are considering will get you close to your wishes.  I would recommend round, not anatomic.  Ask your surgeon about textured versus smooth.  If you have not had pregnancy, you may want to prepare your skin to minimize the development of stretch marks.  I hope the surgery goes well.

D'Arcy Honeycutt, MD
Bismarck Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size is not Limitless

Please don't be under the misconception that you can choose any size implant you want to achieve your desired appearance without potentially severe consequences, either early or late, that necessitate unplanned re-operation. You should visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons expert in tissue based implant selection to determine what is your maximum tissue capacity, and prioritize that first over your aesthetic goals. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

440

It would be really helpful to have a full consultation with breast measurements taken. Using this information, your plastic surgeon can help you chose the appropriate implants and the " look" you are going for and advise you on other adjunctive procedures to give you your desired look. There is no ideal correlation with volume of an implant and "cup size" due to many variables including the patient current breast volume and breast shape.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

440cc HP gel implant...or larger?

Your pre-operative photos show that you have minimal volume asymmetry, and a high, youthful nipple-areolar position. This is a great starting point for any implant augmentation. As you've correctly pointed-out, only a complete exam by your plastic surgeon is truly valid with regard to sizing. Your 'wish' photos show breast shapes with a great deal of roundness and projection. High profile implants are designed to give this breast shape. I find that having several different sizes available, and using an intra-operative 'sizer' is the best way to custom fit implants. If you remain concerned that the 440cc size is not sufficient to meet your goals, I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon before proceeding. Good luck.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Will 440 cc silicone gel high profile get me the big fake boob look that I want or should I go even bigger?

The determination of which implant will get you to your goal can only be made after an exam and the measuring of your breast and chest dimensions. Your surgeon has done that and will be able to determine the best implant for you. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant sizing

Thanks for your question. I would think that high profile gel implants in 440cc range would likely get you the look you are talking about. That is a relatively large implant for someone with your figure and your breasts will look full, but not the "basketball" look you mentioned. I would suggest trying the various implant sizes on in different types of clothing one final time prior to confirming your implant size. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Your breast anatomy is excellent and you should be able to achieve a very nice result with breast augmentation.  Most important is your choice of plastic surgeon.  Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced and cosmetic breast surgery.  The size of implant should be chosen based on a measurement of the base width of your breast and most likely you will need a high profile implant to achieve greater than 400 cc.  A very general estimate is that 150-200 cc of breast implant will increase you by one cup size and the same style and manufacture of bra that you currently wear.

It is very important to understand that even with breast implants to achieve the exact look that you see in your desired photos you will have to wear a bra or bikini top because without support that uplifted close cleavage look is not possible.  Try the Rice test which is described in the link below:

Wanting that "fake " look with Breast implants.

Thanks for your question and the photos. Yo appear to have a good starting situation, and don't appear to need a lift. Choosing an implant that fits your frame is a process. I find it helpful to look at implant sizers on my patient's frames. First we find an implant width that fits the width of the chest and balances with the hips. Once we like the width we look at high, moderate or low profile  to achieve your goals. 

From your goals I think high profile makes sense. It will give you more upper pole fullness and not be super wide. Saline gives even more upper pole fullness than silicone so it is something you may wish to consider. From your photos I can not tell if 440 will have correct width. Trying on a sizer would help. I have included a sizing link below to help as well. 

Best wishes

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon