Are my breasts weird? (photo)

I'm 19 y/o and my areolas are a little too big. Also, my breasts seem to point in different directions. Is there anything I can do other than plastic surgery?

Breast lift

Thank you for sending your picture and question. I feel you would benefit from a breast lift with or without implants to improve your ptosis and wide areolas. It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can give you some surgical options and help you make your decision. Good luck!

Mastopexia /lollipop scar/implants

Thanks for submitting your photos.Only setting implants will not be enough for you. For getting a good symmetry a mastopexia surgery with  lollipop scar and implants will be necessary .The implants will give your breast a natural look and .Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

This Is Normal

You are not weird. You are beautiful! The only thing to be done to resize your nipples would be an areola reduction. Your chest wall is naturally wide which causes your breast to angle outward. This is normal and good support of an underwire bra is needed.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Breast Augmentation - Ptosis

Thank you for your question and photo. You have breast droopiness - referred to as ptosis. You would benefit greatly from a breast lift (mastopexy). Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and discussion of what can be achieved surgically. Hope this helps and good luck.

Breast Shapes

Your breasts are not "weird".  You have a breast shape that many women have called "tuberous"  or "tubular" which means they are more bullet shaped rather than dome shaped. When combined with a narrow chest with a lot of rib curve, they tend to point more outward than together, again a perfectly normal variation.If you dislike your shape and configuaration, the only way to change it is through surgery.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Weird breasts?

Your breasts are not weird. Breasts come in all shapes and sizes. At your age, it is possible for them to undergo additional changes. There are no non-surgical options. Best wishes.

Good Candidate for surgery

Hello,  thank you for your question and photo.   You can benefit from a breast lift with implants.   The reduction of the areolas is made at the same time.   Go and visit a certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Best of luck. Dr. Derby.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Are my breasts weird?

No, your breasts are not "weird". The photograph demonstrates asymmetry (which is very common) and breast ptosis.  If your breast size/shape/symmetry is of concern to you, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss options. Learn about pros/cons/risks/complications associated with all options discussed. Time the procedure carefully (with consideration of your young age and future life circumstances).  Do not waste your time/resources on "other than plastic surgery" modalities. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question as well as the photo. There are no activities, medicines/pills/creams to create symmetry or change the shape of your breasts. The overall shape may change some depending on age, weight, hormonal changes/pregnancy. It is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with you your specific aesthetic goals and concerns you have about your current breast shape.

Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Not "weird"

Your breasts look perfectly normal and are definitely not “weird”. If you have concerns about the size of your areolae or their shape, an areola reduction and breast lift may help. The areola reduction would decrease the size of your areolae and the breast lift would create a perkier contour.