Thermitight vs. Ultherapy?

I'm 37 yro with pretty decent skin tone, but would like more definition around my jawline. Which procedure gives you better results? Do they stimulate collagen for on going results? How long do the results typically last? What are the negative affects? I have read some scary outcomes for both. Rippling in the skin, sagging, paralysis, indentations, distortion...loss/melting of fat??? Is that even possible??? Thank you.

ThermiTight vs. Ultherapy

Although we have used Ultherapy in the past, we have recently switched to ThermiTight and have seen better, more consistent results at a better price point. Areas such as the neck are better targeted with the ThermiTight procedure. Radiofrequency energy stimulates collagen production beneath the skin, which reduces sagging and smooths texture. ThermiTight is the first aesthetic procedure to reverse the effects of aging by delivering precision controlled thermal energy beneath the skin. ThermiTight noticeably tightens skin and underlying tissues on the lower face and/or neck without surgery and offers results that are superior to other non-invasive procedures. Hope this information helps. Best wishes, Dr. Busso

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTight and Ultherapy can create a tighter jaw line

When I evaluate my patient's during their consultation, I look at their skin quality, the amount of deep sundamage, looseness of skin, amount of jowl formation, the amount of fat in the cheeks and neck and whether they have overactive masseter (chewing) muscle thickness or a droopy salivary gland. Only then can I determine if an in-between procedure such as Thermi, would be suggested over Ultherapy.  Thermi can produce greater lifting than Ultherapy in a patient with more sagging or somewhat older but young healthy patients in their late 30s to 50s, and older, can obtain very good results with Ultherapy, and as Ultherapy is non invasive, it is wiser to choose this treatment if someone doesn't need ThermiTight yet.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermitight versus Ultherapy

Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to tighten the deeper layers of the skin while ThermiTight uses radiofrequency energy. In my practice I recommend ThermiTight as I think the results have been more consistent with little to no downtime or pain. It is well tolerated and results take several months to become apparent, though most will say they feel the skin is tighter after the first couple weeks. As with all procedures, results can vary. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. In my practice, I recommend ThermiTight. ThermiTight is a great minimally invasive procedure to treat skin laxity in many areas of the body including the neck and jowles. Other benefits of ThermiTight include:
Minimal downtime
Improves skin’s appearance
Increases collagen production
Works quickly and can slow and reverse aging signs in just a few short weeks

I recommend consulting with a qualified physician for a full consultation.  

Bruce E. Katz, MD