Why are my boobs so ugly? (Photos)

I have always hated my breasts. The areolas are huge - my nipples are flat unless aroused or cold, and they're just generally a really ugly bunch!! I have had two children however they never changed through either pregnancy. It was virtually impossible for me to breast feed as my nipples are so flat! Is there a scientific term for ugly boobs like this? Or is it simply, every breast is different and I wasn't very blessed ?

Ugly Breasts

Breast size and shape can vary from person to person so it is very normal for your breasts to be shaped this way.  You have what is known as tubular breasts and many plastic surgeons have experience with this.  Surgery can help to correct a lot of your concerns.  Please consult with a surgeon that is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in your area to discuss what would be right for you.

"Ugly" breasts

The ideal aesthetic for breasts will vary from individual to individual and culture to culture.  That said, most would agree on a few things.  The breast mound should be sitting higher up on the chest wall, and the nipple-areolar complex (NAC) should be about 2 inches in diameter and located above the fold under the breast.  You have a variation of the "tuberous" breast deformity.  The NAC is overly large and the breast tissue appears to be "puffing" or herniating into it, and your breasts are very saggy.  The one feature of tuberous breasts you do not have is a narrow base.  You would benefit from a breast lift to correct these problems.  You could also consider an augmentation at the same time if you would like to be a little bigger.  Best you should have a consultation with an experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.  Best of luck.

There is a "scientific term" for the shape of your breasts, and the best part is there is definitely hope!

I'm sorry that you have felt so unhappy with your breasts for so long.  Honestly, that's one of the best things about what I do for a living - it is so gratifying when we can help a lady who has been silently suffering over something like this and change her life.  While you are correct that breasts come in so many different sizes and shapes,  and some of this is genetic, the appearance of a breast at any given time is also to a large degree a product of the forces that the tissues have been exposed to and the distribution of the breast tissue itself within the breast envelope.  Thus, some breasts are rounder, some flatter, some more narrow and tapered, and so on.  In your particular case, you appear to have the features of a condition called "tuberous," or "tubular," breast deformity.  That term is casually thrown around a lot in my opinion, and very often ladies are told they have tuberous breasts, when in fact they don't really.  They just have a specific difference of their breast shape here or there.  In your case, you have what I believe qualifies as true tuberous breast, in addition to a couple of other features that we see in breasts in general.  As for the tuberous breast part, you have the large and puffy areolae, the narrowly based breasts, and the tight, short, constricted lower pole tissues, but most importantly and the thing that most makes your breasts tuberous to me, you appear to have true herniation, or pushing through, of your actual breast tissue into the areola, such that the central breast mound becomes narrow and elongated and hangs over the tighter lower pole contour.  You actually have a double contour underneath your areola, which is evident on your side view.  In addition to those things, you also have garden variety ptosis, or looseness and drooping, of the breast tissues, and this is just a result of stretching forces from pregnancy, weight gain, or breastfeeding.   Having said all of those things, the good news is that we understand enough about what makes tuberous breasts look the way that they do, that we know how to correct the deformities pretty reliably.  There is definitely hope to make you feel better about your breasts.  You will likely require some breast implants, not necessarily to increase size, although that's certainly possible if you wish, but more to enhance shape and contour, and to balance proportions within the breasts themselves.  In addition you will need some form of lifting procedure to reposition the breast tissue and reshape the breasts.  The exact details of what can , or should, be done to improve your breasts are best left to a personal consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can accurately assess the breasts and come up with the best plan suited to your individual needs.  In addition to being certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, your surgeon should also voluntarily participate in the Maintenance of Certification program administered by that board. This is the best way to know that your surgeon not only has the best training and experience for the procedure, but that he or she has maintained currency in the certification requirements as opposed to practicing on a "lifetime" certificate which has only been reviewed once at the beginning of his or her career. For more information on this you can visit ABplsurg.org or ABMS.org. Good luck.

Find the right surgeon to enhance your breasts!

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

"Ugly Boobs"

You have all of the signs of a Tuberous Breast!   This is easily corrected with a Breast Lift, with or without an Implant, depending if you want to be larger or not.   In either case, you can have beautiful breasts!    

Breast augmentation with lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tubular breasts

Repair includes both high profile implants and breast lifts. The base must also be released to reduce the tubular shape

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breasts augmentation with mini lift

Dear lolipop,   Sorry for your frustration with your breasts. Here are the good news - surgery can improve your breasts. From observing your pictures, you appear to have tubular breasts - small ptotic breasts with large herniating areolas.    The best way to give you attractive breasts is by getting breasts augmentation with implants and mini lift (donut, Benneli). The procedure will give you perky breasts with nice cleavage and smaller more attractive areolas. You can discuss with your surgeon the breasts' cup size that will make you comfortable.    You have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely.       Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do their surgeries in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                                    Best of luck,                                                           Dr Widder

Unhappy with breasts

The "ideal" breast would have nipples above the fold under the breasts, proportionately smaller areolae, and better symmetry. A breast lift (and maybe implants) would likely help. Please consult with a BC PS to discuss. Best of luck to you. 

"Ugly Breasts"

You have a form of "tuberous breasts". This is fairly common and a corrective surgery most plastic surgeons have experience with. I recommend you see a surgeon for an evaluation to explore your options.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD