Labia minora, clitoris hood reduction, vaginal fungus, ugly?

I'm a girl of age of eighteen. I get vaginal thrush sometimes, and it spreads from my vagina to my labia minora. It makes it swells, itch and make the skin irritating. Is it possible to get rid the fungus, by an operation? I am considering to take a labia minora plastic surgery with clitoris hood reduction. Reason for this is because I have the "butterfly-type-of-pussy". Which means my inner lips are so big and it's like they're hanging and are so visible and also my clithood is big.

Labiaplasty can help some women who suffer from yeast infections in the folds of their enlarged labia

Labiaplasty is not a cure for yeast infections, but it helps to reduce the excessively moist environment created by the folds of elongated labial tissue in which these infections thrive. This will improve irritations of the labia only. Vaginal yeast infections inside the vaginal canal will not improve with this procedure. Expect improvement, not miracles.

Reducing size of labia and hood may reduce your recurrent yeast infections

Hello Justa Gurl,Thank you for your post and photo about your large labia. You definitely need to do your research and find a surgeon you're confident has the experience and training to make you look as beautiful as you hope to look.  I perform labia reductions in the office under local anesthesia. Every woman is shaped differently and requires her own unique cosmetic correction.  What is often overlooked by most surgeons is the prepuce, or clitoral hood, which may require reduction and even lifting to achieve the optimal youthful appearance and enhanced sensation for ultimate pleasure. Your labia are complex and your hood is large and droopy, you're are correct in your thoughts of what you need.  Be prepared to travel. Please see link below where you'll find advice in choosing the best surgeon for you. You'll also be able to view our Photo Gallery which has one of the largest collection of Before and After Labiaplasty photos.Best of luck, 

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Will labiaplasty or clitoral hood reduction help with my yeast infections?

Irritation of a woman's genitalia commonly can come from yeast.  Women with enlarged labia minora that rub on clothing can also become irritated.  Its possible that yeast infections occur more frequently because of the size and shape of external genitalia.  Its also possible that the underlying problem is not yeast but rather a symptom of chronic irritation because of a woman's anatomical shape.  In the latter case where the problem is anatomy itself - certainly a woman can expect relief from the chronic irritation after labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction.Its less certain if the irritation is indeed from chronic yeast infections.If you were my patient I would do a vaginal culture to make sure that this is indeed yeast.  Consider probiotic supplements which can help prevent this.   A young healthy woman should not suffer from Chronic yeast infections.   Good luck!

Surgery not advised

Young women rarely have problems with genital anatomy that require surgical repair. The yeast infections should be evaluated by a GYN specialist, but are unlikely related to normal labial folds and features.

You are actually quite normal.

I appreciate your concern over your appearance but you should be made aware--right at the outset--that your labia are entirely normal. You have a normal protrusion of the inner lips beyond the outer lips; about 1/3 of all women on Earth have this same configuration. 
I imagine that you will pursue a 'bobbing' of your natural feminine appearance if you must. But be aware of potential consequences such as poor wound healing, irregular shape/borders and virtually zero reduction of future thrush occurrences.Speaking of thrush (monilia), see a gyn to try to identify things you may be doing to inflame your vagina: Antibiotics? Too much douching? Trimming down one's labia merely because they are "there" is becoming a rather regrettable new trend.Do your research and make good choices. Good luck!

William E. Shuell, MD
Phoenix OB/GYN

Enlarged Labia and Clitoral Hood

Thank you for your questions.  Vaginal yeast infections have several possible causes.  I would recommend a thorough history and physical examination by a gynecologist to better determine the cause.  This should be addressed prior to any operation. Based on your one photograph, you may benefit from a labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction. Additional photographs would be necessary to better determine the options.  Clitoropexy may also be indicated depending on the physical examination.  I would recommend finding a cosmetic urologist or other specialist who has experience in genital cosmetic surgery.  Best of luck.      Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist