Does anyone know what kind of implants were used in 2001 that are saline and teardrop shaped? I need to know.

not knowing what kind of implant was used in 2001 that was saline teardrop. I had just found out that I have one that had just ruptured after all these years. and need to get revisioned.

"Anatomical" implants

The Allergan 468 was marketed as an "anatomical" implant, but did not prove very successful in achieving this outcome.  I have found that most patients benefit form changing to round implants.  You also might consider switching to silicone.  You should be eligible for a credit when upgrading to silicone.

Tear Shaped Textured Saline Implants 15 years ago

As always, there has been a fierce competition between the 2 leading American breast implant producers Mentor VS McGhan (aka Inamed, Allergan Natrelle). The 468 implant designed by Dr. John Tebbets of Dallas was popular then but gradually lost market share.
The best option is to contact the surgeon who operated on you or the facility in which it was done. Every state has different laws on medical record retention. Usually, 10 years for physicians longer for facilities. Your records WILL have the make and model as well as the serial number. Finding this out can save you a LOT of money since ALL these implants have a lifetime warranty; You get a FREE PAIR every time they leak. That would greatly reduce your cost of the surgery.

Peter Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

What implant do I have

In 2001, the only shaped saline device that was available in the United States was a style 468 Allergan. Hope this is helpful.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Implant type is not as important as implant size

when dealing with deflated implants.  Your chosen surgeon should be able to help you through this and see if any warranty coverage was available back then. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Anatomical

The teardrop 468 textured implant by Mcghan was used at that time. It was a popular implant but we have not used in a decade

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS