No Difference After Liposculpture

I had Liposculpture 2 weeks ago, and I'm still a few pounds heavier. I can see no difference apart from my back. I had my back, thighs, hips, and upper/lower abs. My stomach area doesn't look any diffferent. The surgeon made incisions 2 under my breasts and 1 on my belly button. Does this mean he did my whole stomach? Is this what they usually do when you want upper and lower abs done or does the whole area get done? I seem flat at the top, bigger in middle, then flat down. Any advice? Thanks.

No Difference After Liposculpture

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Seeing results after a lipo

You will not see a difference at only two weeks post op.  If you had a well done liposculpture, you will start to see results at around 2 to 3 months post op.  So patience for now is a great ally.

Alberto Arguello, MD
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

No Difference After Liposculpture

The swelling that occurs after liposuction can actually be at its worst around 10-14 days post-op.  Give yourself plenty of time to heal before you judge the outcome.  I always have my patients wear compression garments for six weeks after liposuction.  I have seen fine reduction of swelling and improvement even 6 months after surgery.  The incisions for liposuction will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  Ask your plastic surgeon if you have any doubts about which areas he corrected for you.

Paul Fortes, MD

Should see some improvement at two weeks after liposuction

After 1 week, you should see a little improvement after liposuction and a big improvement at the 1 month mark and the final result at 4-6 months. That is a lot of areas you had done at 1 surgery. I hope your surgeon was thorough and not just taking a little here and there. Time will tell so be patient and see your doc about your concerns.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling can hide results

You are probably swollen and that's why you don't see much of an improvement. Wait a couple of months for the majority of the swelling to subside before you judge your results. 

Too early to judge outcome

At two weeks after surgery, it is not possible to see a difference.  Between surgery and the first month, expect to see no improvements.  It takes 6 months to see the final outcomes.  At this point you should not be weighing yourself.

2 weeks out

You are in your swelling stage, and may not be able to see much change. Most of the swelling is gone by 3 months, and most of your shape is seen in about 6-8 weeks.  Please follow your surgeon's advice, and your results will be seen in few weeks.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture Results

Liposculpture results can take up to 6 months to show, but generally the average patient will see results as soon as 6-8 weeks after the procedure. Two weeks is usually not enough time to see full results.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture results take time

I often instruct patients that at 2-4 weeks after liposculpture they may appear a bit more swollen and can start to experience firm skin called induration, which naturally subsides over the following weeks.  Surgical outcomes after liposculpture are not achieved for 3-6 months, although you may begin to see improvement well before that time frame.

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture Results

Results vary with the extensiveness of the procedure: the amount of fat removed, the number of areas treated and so on. Many patients report that they see results immediately after the procedure with the final result around three to four months. Recovery takes time, you should see results unfold over the next few months.