Can CoolSculpting be placed more towards the front of the thighs when doing the inner thighs?

Hello! I had one session of Cool sculpting on my inner thighs and the nurse place it kind of towards the back of my thighs ... Im having a second one tomorrow but I would want her to place it more toward the frond where I have more of my fat.... What is the reason to place where she did the first time? and could she place it more in front tomorrow ? Would I still get good or even better results?? Thanks you for your time

Applicator Placement

Hi paflou,

CoolSculpting really works so the applicator placement is very important to achieve the best possible outcome.

The applicator is placed at the peak of the bulge and the angle of the application depends on how the fat is distributed. For inner thighs the CoolSculpting guidelines is that the applicator is placed more towards the back of the thighs to avoid creating any depressions.

Always ask your practitioner questions, especially if you are unsure of anything as we are here to help you become fully informed.

Coolsculpting and Applicator Placement

The applicator in Coolscupting is placed in the position to optimize freezing the fat.  If you have questions you should return to your treating physician and discuss the treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Green

Placement of applicators

We have to be very careful where the applicators are placed for Coolsculpting because it really works! Though we take what the patient says to heart when drawing our lines and placing the applicator, we go with the area that contains 'the peak of the bulge' and follows the angle the fat is distributed.  If we stray to a different area it may result in a depression in an area we don't want one and is then difficult to correct. Never hesitate to ask your provider about their markings or placement prior to treatment...there may be a very simple explanation or perhaps there was a misunderstanding about the area of concern that can be then easily corrected.

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting applications

they are placed where there is fat.  this should be disuccsed with your physician as a long term plan should be created to determine the best results with contour for you.  Best, Dr. emer.

CoolSculpting Applicator Placement

The CoolSculpting applicators should be placed in the area where there is the most fat. This would provide you with the best results. Sometimes, the most fat is not actually located where you think it is. This is where the experience of your treatment provider comes into play. They should know where to place the applicator to give you the best results. These are questions you should ask your provider and have them clarify your treatment strategy with you. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Placement of CoolSculpting applicator when treating inner thighs

Essentially, the CoolSculpting applicator should be placed over the area that has the most amount of fat that can be drawn into the applicator.  As long as you have fat toward the front of your inner thighs that can be drawn into the applicator, it should be able to be done in that area.  I would discuss this with the physician who is treating you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Placement

Depending on where you fat is, the Coolsculpting applicator will be placed there.  There is one exception, and that is if the doctor feels that you will get an indentation with that placement. 
Hope that helps!
Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Cool Sculpting Placement

Thank you for your question. The reason for the placement has to do with where clinicians have seen the best results and how best to avoid contour abnormalities. By placing the applicator towards the back the skin tends to tighten up around the leg and experience as proven that this gives the best result. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, so I would talk with the CTL and see what she thinks. Good luck!

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon