CoolSculpting. Do girdles help for toning? Any swelling remedies?

Compression garments are not necessary but may help with swelling

Patients do not need to wear compression garments following a CoolSculpting procedure, although many patients find it more comfortable, especially when the abdomen is treated. In this area, garments seem to help swelling and discomfort, but it won’t affect results either way. I usually recommend patients wear light compression shape-wear for 3 – 5 days after treatment.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Compression after Coolsculpting

It is not required to wear compression garment post CoolSculpting but from my own personal experience and from feedback from my patients treated, wearing compression such as spanx helps with the discomfort and swelling. It really will depend on what makes you feel most comfortable. Best of luck! 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting and a girdle

I don't routinely give garments to patients after coolsculpting.  They are not necessary to improve tone but some patients feel more comfortable because it seems to help with some initial swelling and discomfort.  The swelling and sensation that can occur can be a little uncomfortalbe and it helps with their recovery.

Suzanne Yee, MD
Little Rock Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting aftercare - the potential benefit of the Z wave and spanx

I do recommend compression garments after coolsculpting but not to decrease swelling. I find wearing a soanx or compression running shorts or leggings cuts down on the 'jiggle' factor - the soreness is more noticeable when the flesh in the area 'jiggles'. This is anectdotal - not from a scientific study - it made a difference for me and my staff when we did our own coolsculpting procedures.  To reduce swelling and speed clearance of the fat, we use the Zwave device to deliver radio shock waves to the frozen 'stick of butter'  fat that is left when the coolsculpting applicator is removed rather than manual massage.
i hope this answer was helpful.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Compression is not necessary after Coolsculpting

Compression stockings are not necessary after Coolsculpting.  Unlike liposuction, which is an invasive surgical procedure, Coolsculpting is non-invasive procedure and there is nothing the patient has to do after the procedure.

Compression and Girdles after Coolsculpting

Compression garments like girdles have not been shown to impact the results of Coolsculpting or make you more or less toned in appearance. Some consider this one of the benefits over liposuction. Swelling after coolsculpting is generally not significant. Having said this, there is no contraindication to wearing compression after the procedure.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Compression

Compression isnt that effective for coolsculpting.  If you want a contouring like effect you should get hi definition VASER liposuction.  I have yet to see coolsculpting get the results I do with properly performed liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Do girdles help after CoolSculpting?

There normally is not any significant swelling after a CoolSculpting procedure and compression garments are not usually needed.  There would be no harm in wearing a compression garment after the procedure though.  If there is any swelling after the treatment, this is usually very temporary and should not last for more than a few days.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon