What is the difference between SculpSure and Vanquish? Is one just newer technology?

Specifically for use on the abdomen and possibly thighs, would one be more effective than the other? I've been impressed by the SculpSure before/after pictures I have seen. Do either have any side effects, such as dimpling or lumpiness, etc? Thanks for your expertise!!

Vanquish vs sculpsure...

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

VAnquish is a radio frequency technology that heat the fat from the outside of the tissue without touching it. Sculpsure is a 1064 laser specific to fat that is in close conection to the affected tissue. 

The more distance the more energy and the least control on specific tender areas during the procedure, making sculpsure a better option from the stand point of customization. 

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Vanquish vanquished by Sculpsure

One treatment of 25 minutes blows everything else out of the water! I would have trouble getting people to do anything else unless I didn't have the new SculpSure!

SculpSure vs. Vanquish

With the seeming explosion of new, non-invasive fat-blasting technologies, it can get confusing. SculpSure is the newest technology that uses a diode laser to heat subcutaneous fat, in a relatively fast (25 minutes!) and painless procedure. It is FDA approved to treat the love handles and abdomen, but is commonly being used "off-label" to treat the inner and outer thighs, and upper arms. It is incredibly effective, and can eliminate up to 24% of fat cells in a single treatment. After being treated you can go right back to your routine; no down time. Most people have zero side effects. Some may have some soreness to the area for a couple of days. And a few - myself, included - may have some slight nodules in the treated area that usually go away in 2-3 weeks. You can start seeing results in as early as 4 weeks, with maximum effects at 3 months. If a patient has "a little extra" I'll let them know early on that they will need at least 2 treatments to have the desired effects. 

Vanquish is also a new technology - about 2-3 years old - that uses radio frequency to heat the fat under the skin. So, both work similarly. The applicator is larger, so more areas can be covered, but a patient needs repeated treatments (4-6) to see effects. 

Your best bet is to consult with a Plastic Surgeon in your area, and to have an in-person examination to see which modality would give you your best results. 

SculpSure vs Vanquish

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is better because it delivers greater results in a shorter time period. Most patients only need 1 treatment that takes 25 minutes. I currently feel it is the best noninvasive procedure for removing fat on the market. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculpsure over Vanquish

Sculpsure really is that good. 25 minutes, one treatment , well tolerated, and it WORKS. It uses diode 1060 laser tech, with sapphire crystal cooling to protect your skin. I personally had one treatment myself as I thought the 'promise' was too good to be true- but it does work. 10 weeks, down 2 inches. 

I also have RF devices and also Coolsculpting in my practice, however for low downtime procedure that works, my go to device is SculpSure. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
FIORI INSTITUTE
Brisbane, Australia.

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

SculpSure vs Vanquish

SculpSure is FDA indicated for the non surgical reduction of fat in the abdomen and flanks.  It uses a diode laser to heat and subsequently destroy the fat cells.  Treatment time is quick, only 25 minutes, and there is no down time.  Off label  use of SculpSure includes arms, thighs, calves, back/bra line and male breast/chest.  Vanquish is not FDA indicated for non surgical fat reduction and uses radio-frequency waves, not a laser. 

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure, Coolsculpting, Vanquish

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Sculpsure Versus Vanquish

I use these two together to get better results!  Sculpsure is laser and vanquish is radiofrequency they work through different methods to reduce fat and tighten skin.  Best, Dr. Emer.