Cheek implants? Or fillers? (photos)

I feel like i have a poor bone structure and when i lose weight i get a gaunt appearance .. I am 25 years old .. What can i do to acheive a stronger yet feminine facial structure without looking fake??

Cheek implants? Or fillers?

Your options include temporary fillers like Voluma and Restylane Lyft and permanent solutions like cheek, jawline and chin implants. I recommend trying the fillers first, then if you like the look, you can pursue something more definitive like an implant.  In the video you can see a similar case in a young woman where Voluma was used to augment the cheeks. 
Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheeks--implants or filler

These options are not mutually exclusive.  Given your youth I would consider starting with a relatively small amount of the appropriate filler and see how you like it. Implants --silicone of polyethylene are often more dramatic, relatively permanent, and symmetric when placed properly. They are still foreign bodies, however that can shift, develop capsules, become infected or cause discomfort.  That is one reason injectable fillers have greatly reduced the number of implants we were used to doing.  Fat is the best and most natural of all the fillers and can be strategically placed for maximum and desired effect, as well as overcome asymmetries, but it is still a surgical procedure and more costly than the off the shelf injectables. 

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane/Fat/Implant

I suggest a formal consultation .... fat , implants, fillers, sculptra all can be used to get a good outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cheek implants versus fillers

Cheek implants and fillers were placed in the midface and over the maxilla to create more volume area.  Fillers are performed in the office setting for a temporary augmentation.  Cheek implants are placed through a small incision  through an intraoral approach under brief general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.  Cheek implants offered a permanent  augmentation.   For more information and many cheek implant before and after results, please see the link and the video below

I am 25 years old .. What can i do to acheive a stronger yet feminine facial structure without looking fake??

I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front) and the chin is weak.  These factors combine to create an elongated, oval shaped face. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a properly placed amount of dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Think of facial beauty as something that "must" address all layers of the face including the skeletal structure of the cheeks and chin, the overlying SMAS muscle, amount and position of subcutaneous fat and finally the degree of skin laxity. It's an "urban myth" that pulling tissues over flat cheeks and a weak chin can create a beautiful or handsome face. Similarly, dermal fillers or facial implants alone can't lift and remove excess skin from the face and neck. Natural looking beauty is created by the aesthetic vision of what tissues layers need to be adjusted by what technique and amount. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Enhancement

Good question.  I would recommend using "fillers".  It is always best to determine what your goals are and communicate them to a professional.  I use the generic "fillers" because there are several choices.  If you choose to try fillers I would recommend starting slowly and work towards the look you want.  The goal is to enhance your appearance without looking like you have had something done. It is best to develop a relationship with a professional and slowly work towards the look you want.  I know you asked about implants  and I purposefully do not recommend them for you.

George Orloff, MD, FACS
Burbank Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implants or Fillers

Cheek and chin implants will will provide better contour and projection to give you a natural more feminine appearance. Fillers and fat injections will give you  more volume but not the permanent definition you want.