Unilateral Brow Lift?

If I have a direct brow lift to treat asymmetry, will the surgery need to be repeated in the future? please note my question purely relates to asymmetry I am not concerned with trying to olok younger. I am 35.

Brow lift

Hello and thank you for your question. This mainly depends on the cause of your brow asymmetry.  This can likely be fixed. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Direct Brow Lift for Asymmetry

The duration of improvement after a unilateral brow lift will depend on the cause of your asymmetry. If surgery is done make sure you consider all techniques because with a direct brow lift there is a risk of a visible unfavorable scar above the brow.

Unilateral Brow Lift

In general, a direct brow lift is the best choice to repair a brow asymmetry.  This depends, however, on your full history and physical which you should do during your consultation with your surgeon.
Once an asymmetry is completely corrected, it should last many years.  Whether or not you would need a repeat surgery in the future is dependent on a few factors: how well the brow was treated, the reason for your asymmetry in the first place, and how well  you maintain your face and skin.
With good care of your face and skin (sunscreen, good nutrition, not smoking), you will help it last as long as possible.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Try botox first

There could be some continued sagging with aging, as the facial skeleton continues to remodel and you can lose soft tissue.  So there is a chance you may need further surgery in the future.
It might be worth trying botox injections first to possibly "try out" the brow lift to see if you like it.  
Essentially there are two muscle groups that have an impact on brow position.  First is the Frontalis muscle that lifts the brow (makes your eyebrows wiggle).  Secondly are the orbicularis oculi and corrugator supercilii muscles that depress the eyebrows.  If you selectively relax the muscles that depress the eyebrow with Botox, the eyebrow will elevate.  
If you like the effect of the botox, you can just continue getting the injections.  We treat many people with eyebrow asymmetries (both surgical and nonsurgical), so there are many options.
Just a suggestion, and best of luck to you!

W. Matthew White, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of brow asymmetry

The short answer is yes -- brow asymmetry can be corrected surgically.  Obviously, a thorough history and physical exam must be done in order to determine if there are any underlying causes that should also be addressed.
There are several approaches to this problem -- from simple to more involved.  Best to discuss these options with a knowledgeable plastic surgeon.
Good luck!
Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACSNew York City212 570 6080

Unilateral brow lift

How long a unilateral brow lift will last depends on what caused the brow asymmetry in the first place.  If you were born with uneven brows, are the brow bones and eye sockets uneven, too?  If the cause was nerve damage causing permanent weakening of the brow muscles on only one side, the lift will not last long.  If it was caused by the skin being stretched by swelling from an injury or other cause that has resolved, the improved symmetry could last a lifetime.