Is laser hair removal time interval every 3 weeks too short?

I went to a new clinic to get hair removal on arms and legs, and was told to go back 3 weeks from now. I've never heard of such a short time. Normally the wait should be at least 4 weeks right?

3 weeks between laser hair removal sessions is too short.

Hair and skin tone vary from person to person, so based on the individual as well as the part of the body that’s being treated, time between laser hair removal sessions will vary. General guidelines are to wait four to six weeks between treatments on the face, and to allow eight to 10 weeks between laser hair removal on the rest of the body. Because your treatment area involves your arms and legs, three weeks between sessions is likely too short. For the best results, always work with certified, experienced laser technicians.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Laser Hair Removal and Time Intervals

Laser hair removal is one of my favorite procedures.  Different areas of the body require different amounts of time.  For example, the face is generally every 4 weeks, the legs every 8 weeks.  However, if one is very hirsute, there may be an indication to do the procedure more quickly.  Please consult a board certified physician for the best cosmetic results for your laser hair removal.

Laser Hair Removal and Time Intervals

Laser hair removal for arms and legs

You should always have treatment with a reputable laser clinic so ask about the experience of the laser technician and the name of the laser used.  Typically, laser hair removal treatments are performed every 6 to 8 weeks apart.  You must not be tanned and must avoid sun exposure afterwards.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Laser hair removal for arms and legs

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist