Why would doc choose belotero over another filler for acne scars, holes and lines around the mouth?
Doctor Answers 6
- Superficial fine lines and wrinkles - These are the fine lines around the mouth, the crows feet and fine lines of the forehead.
- Deeper folds and wrinkles - These are the folds around the mouth known as the nasolabial folds and the marionette lines.
- Soft tissue atrophy or sagging - These are the hollows of the face that are not related to the skin but change as a result of aging, weight loss and gravity.
- Good Skincare
- Antioxidants topically and as food supplements
- Retin-A as tolerated.
- Sunblock (Zinc Oxide)
- Alpha-Hydroxy Acid
- Routine exfoliation (facial scrubs, Buf-Puf or clarisonic)
- Chemical peels
- Belotero - an excellent filler, painful to inject with a 4-6 month lifespan.
- Restylane Silk - an excellent filler with lidocaine to reduce pain a bit. Reported to have a 6 month lifespan, but newer so the jury is still out.
3. Paralytic Agents - botox, xeomin and dysport - will paralyze the muscle that make the wrinkles. They have limited use around the mouth and crows feet, so the newer fillers should rule this segment for a long time.
The Treatment for Deeper Folds of the nasolabial fold and marionette lines are best treated with;
If you would like more information on these issues or any other issue related to facial aesthetics, please read my book "A More Beautiful You - Reverse Aging Through Skincare, Plastic Surgery and Lifestyle Solutions".
Belotero vs other fillers
If you have used the same physician and they used a different product, then I would suggest, as you have said, not to use the product, but if you have used a different physician this time with the belotero, then I would not necessarily blame the belotero.
You might also like...
We do use Belotero with great success
an expert injector, you should get similar results with this product, as you should with many of the other
HA fillers. We always recommend that you have these injections given in the offices of a board-certified
dermatologist or plastic surgeon and that the person injecting you understands the differences with
injection techniques when using the different fillers. Belotero for the most part is used more superficially
than the others, and is very useful for areas around the mouth and in the tear trough areas; although it is
used successfully in other areas as well. I would recommend at this point is to return to your provider and
see what they think, what is going on, and what can be done to enhance the results at this time.
Belotero versus Restylane
Belotero is an excellent product but if the same doctor who did your previous procedures could not replicate the same results for you then continue with Restylane.
Not every product works for everybody.
Why switch it up if something is working well for you ?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.