How many days off would a teacher assistant need from work after breast implants?

Time off after a breast augmentation

Thank you for the question. My patients usually go back to work after 4-7 days but this depends on the kind of work they do. As long as you don't carry children or heavy objects you can return to work. I prefer to operate on Friday so some of my patients can return to work on Tuesday. 

Good luck with your surgery. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Time off after a breast augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Good luck with your surgery. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Time off after breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question.  Time off depends somewhat on the procedure being done, in this case, I will assume it is a breast augmentation without any additional surgical procedures.  My breast augmentation patients are generally able to resume a more sedentary job within a few days.  If the job requires a lot of exertion and lifting heavy objects, I would want to discuss their time off with them in more detail.  

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Time off after breast augmentation.

Breast Implant - Recovery/Time Off Work

While each patients pain tolerance is different, my patients typically return to work within 48-72 hours following a breast augmentation procedure.  To this end, many of my patients elect to have their procedure performed on a Friday and are back to work by Monday, assuming that their job does not require any heavy lifting or exercising.  

As long as you do not have to carry children or lift heavy objects (anything over 15-20lbs), you should be able to return to work quite quickly!  

Breast Implant - Recovery/Time Off Work

Recoverfy from implants

There is no one answer -- a lot depends on you -- some people get a cold and go to bed for a week -- it will take them longer to recover. In the best of all possible worlds, if your work does not involve a lot of lifting, then you could return after a weekend. Usually 4 - 7 days is the average. I use a long acting local in the pocket , so you have very little pain after. But recovery is an independent thing. 

Recoverfy from implants

Time off from work after breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. The answer depends to some extent on what you do as a teacher's assistant. In order to avoid any serious complication such as bleeding into the breast (hematoma) I ask that my patients be very careful for at least the first two weeks after surgery. I don't allow them to do anything strenous with their arms for four weeks. So if you are mainly at a desk, you can probably go back to work in a few days to a week, but if you are doing more strenuous activities at work, you may want to take a little more time. I would seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for more specific answers to your questions. Hope this helps!

David L. Cangello, MD, FACS

David L. Cangello, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Most of my patients can go back to light duty within 5-7 days. Heavy lifting shoudl be avoided for several weeks after that.

Breast augmentation

Breast implant recovery

We tell our breast augmentation patients to count on 1 week of recovery for the initial healing, and the 3-4 weeks out of gym and exercise.

Breast implant recovery

Time Off Following Breast Augmentation

In general 5-7 days off work is all that is required for 95% of my patients.  Greatest discomfort occurs in the first 2-3 days.  After that most patients improve rapidly and are able to participate in most activities by the end of that week.  Thanks for your question.

Time Off Following Breast Augmentation

Time off work

Hi,

This is really patient dependent. Many of our patients return to work in a few days. However, you should not be lifting children, etc. The video below talks about recovery times and return to work. I hope you find it helpful. Good luck.

Janet Turkle, MD

Time off work

Hi,

Janet Turkle, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to have breast implants.  You need to be very careful what you read on the Internet because in my opinion some recommendations on the net really do not apply to all people.  I have been doing breast augmentation for 37 years and I still hold to the opinion that most patients do not feel truly well enough to work without distractions for 10 days to 2 weeks.  Attempting to return to work 24 hours after breast augmentation is too much of a stress for you.  You will need help at home with small children and I recommend not lifting anything heavier than 5 pounds for the first week.  For more information please read below: