After a tummy tuck what would you prescribe your patient? oxycodon or percocets?

Is percocets similar to that?

Pain Medication

Percocet, Endocet, Roxicet, and Tylox are all brand names for the generic oxycodone with added Tylenol (acetaminophen). 

Vicodin, Lorcet, Lortab, and Norco are all brand names for the generic hydrocodone with added Tylenol. 

These medications are both commonly prescribed after surgery.

In my experience, it is rare to prescribe straight oxycodone or hydrocodone after a routine surgery. There are always exceptions with patient allergies and intolerances and medication history.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Painkillers I Prescrive for my Tummy Tuck patients

Following a tummy tuck, I prescribe my patients Norcos, as well as Flexeril (a muscle relaxer).Between the two of these, they are able to control their pain well.Consult your board certified plastic surgeon on the best medications for you post tummy tuck surgery.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

After a tummy tuck what would you prescribe your patient? oxycodone or percocets?

Percocet is oxycodone and tylenol.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Pain Medication

There are several different types of pain medication used following a tummy tuck. Percocet is oxycodone with Tylenol added. I use both Percocet and other narcotics, like Vicodin or hydrocodone with Tylenol. Be sure to discuss your options with you surgeon to find what will work best with you.

Dennis Hurwitz, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Pain meds after tummy tuck

Thanks for your question.  Oxycodone is the generic name for a narcotic pain pill. Percocet is a brand name that includes oxycodone combined with Tylenol.  I use both Percocet and other meds that combine hydrocodone with Tylenol.  Discuss with your surgeon your history of surgery and pain sensitivity.  Best wishes. 

Pain medication preference

Hello and thank you for your question. 
I personally prescribe Vicodin for my patients although there is nothing wrong at al with Percocet. I just find that patients tend to complain that Percocet makes them a bit more "loopy" and Vicodin is just a little better tolerated. Hope this helps. 

Percocet

I would use hydrocodone or percocet if the patient is allergic to hydrocodone.  I have never used oxycodone for any operation.