I jus had an abortion, am I ok to get a bbl lipo and tummy tuck?

I jus had abortions an im planning on getting surgery in the next month should I be. Concerned ??

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure

Prior to any surgery, a Medical Clearance  is required by any accredited surgery center. This involves a History and Physical (H and P) , as well as red blood cell counts to make sure you are not anemic.  

Be sure to discuss your recent procedure with both your Primary Care doctor who performs your H and P, as well as the Plastic Surgeon who  will perform the procedure.   They will advise the best time frame for you to wait before having the Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift procedure.  

In terms of the procedure, this is a combination procedure that is frequently and safely performed with great results.  However, it is a lengthy procedure and you want to be both physically and emotionally ready.  Best wishes to you.

Ricardo L Rodriguez MD
Baltimore, Maryland

Tummy tuck after abortion

I will tell you that it would not be surprising for your pre-op testing to come back showing a positive pregnancy result.  This is common after a termination and what will be required in order for you to be cleared would be documentation from the gynecologist reflecting that all products of conception have been removed.  Otherwise, the anesthesiologist will cancel the case.  You should be honest with your plastic surgeon about this to avoid a last minute crisis and potential cancellation fee. 

As long you are medically cleared and you are deemed a candidate for a TT and the BBL you should be able to undergo surgery soon after an abortion. You should probably wait 2-4 weeks prior to undergoing surgery. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

You should be fine

Talk to your doctor, usually one month should be fine and you should be medically cleared before any further surgery.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Mommy make-over after abortion

A mommy make-over should be safe to do 1 month after an abortion although the area may still be swollen. Let your surgeon know. And discuss complications such as blood clots and birth control to minimize your risks.