Has anyone performed "Profound" RF skin tightening?

What is this procedure like? They tout a 100% patient satisfaction rate on their web page. How is that possible? Anyone out there heard of this?

Profound RF Skin Tightening Explained

Profound RF is a needle based radiofrequency device.  Small pairs of needles are inserted into the dermis and heat is applied to the skin in order to achieve a target temperature that damages, but does not destroy collagen. Damaged or denatured collagen invites a strong healing response from the body, resulting in new collagen, new elastin and new hyaluronic acid. The result is younger, more elastic skin.  An alternative needle configuration is available that can be used to treat the subcutaneous fat and loose connective tissue that is found in cellulite.

The company's web page claims a 100% response rate, which is not a 100% satisfaction rate. They do this I believe to distinguish themselves from Ultherapy and Thermage, which are known to have a certain percentage of non-responding patients. I have had good success with Profound RF, especially when I have combined it with other minimally invasive procedures to achieve a synergistic effect. 

Profound RF Skin Tightening Explained

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Profound Non-Surgical Facelift

We are very happy with the Profound skin tightening technology for use on the face and body. The device has 5 pairs of needles that generate bipolar current thereby heating the skin and tightening it, while building collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. The procedure is done under local anesthesia injections and can be completed in less than one hour. There is a dual benefit in that the microneedles stimulated collagen formation while the heat tightens the skin very effectively. We find this to be beneficial for patients who don't want to have a facelift surgery.

Profound Non-Surgical Facelift

Profound vs Ultherapy

I suggest you see a physician who has many devices including Profound RF, as well as new generation devices such as Ultherapy. This will give a balanced view point on which procedure is best. I have Profound, Thermage (latest generation) and Ultherapy- of all these devices, the last gives the most predictable results- at least in my hands. Cheers, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Profound vs Ultherapy

Profound satisfaction

We have be using the Profound for several months and have been pleased with the results so far.  The patient discomfort is better than with Thermage and far better than Ulthera.  The local anesthesia seems to be very easy for the patients and the procedure itself is therefore painless.  The 4-7 days of swelling and bruising is not disabling and many patients go to work after given that they will get a few questions about their neck.  The tightening seems better than Thermage or Ulthera (I have used them both).  It won't replace Thermi or Thermage in that it can't be done around the eyes.  It is good for skin tightening and some fine lines although C02 fractionated laser is best for the latter.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Profound satisfaction

David Alessi, MD

Profound RF gives high response and satisfaction rate

Hi veronica121.  Profound RF provides a robust increase in dermal volume by its controlled temperature energy delivery system in all patients-the company boasts a 100% response rate.  In my practice, all patients have been happy with their results, both for cellulite and skin tightening.  If you haven't had a treatment yet, have a consultation and look at the provider's B & A pics or talk to their patients for more information.  Take care,