"Injectable laser" for tightening?? Profound?? Has anyone used it on legs yet?

I recently read about a new laser that is supposed to be "injectable" for tightening?? I think that it is called Profound? I think they have been using it on the face but going to be getting a new way to use it on the legs for loose skin? Has anyone heard of this and what kind of results it is having? I'm curious about it. I would love to have tighter skin on my legs.

Profound RF on legs

I have used Profound on the leg. While remaining a strong proponent of Profound RF on the face and neck, I would be cautious using Profound on the lower part of the leg and above the knee. I have seen two instances where the skin looks mottled and purplish after treatment, presumably due to disturbances in the skin's circulation close to the surface. Those patients were treated 3 months ago and the discoloration has yet to resolve. I am hoping that it will prove to be a temporary problem that resolves over time, but I am not currently treating the lower leg. The upper leg, posterior leg and buttocks do not appear to have that risk. Hope this helps.UPDATE: Both of our patients with vascular discoloration after treatment above the knee have resolved completely.  It appears that the procedure can cause temporary mottling of the venous circulation around the knee, however, it did resolve and both patients had noticeable improvement in skin laxity.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Profound system is a very impressive skin tightening device and it should work on any part of the body/ We can use it on legs but not on areas that are directly over the knee cap or tibea (any bone). This technology is very precise and works extremely well.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Profound radiofrequency microneedling

Thank you for your question.  We were the first plastic surgery/dermatology group in the greater Houston area to bring on the Profound device.  This is the only device where they have shown consistent results in terms of patient satisfaction as well as the production of Elastin, Collagen and Hyaluronic acid.  Elastin is on part of the soft tissue (connective tissue) that helps the skin the recoil like an elastic band.  This is a device that requires quite a bit of advanced training in injectable anesthesia prior to the procedure to help with patient comfort.  It also more than rivals some of the existing collagen stimulating devices out there including other radiofrequency, ultrasound, infrared devices.

Laser for Skin Tightening

There are many lasers, ultrasounds, and radiofrequences that work for skin tightening.  I find that VASER and ThermiRF work the best internally but that externally other devices work well -- Thermage/Ultherapy/Velashape/VenusLegacy.  Best, Dr. Emer.