5 weeks post op breast augmentation scar, am I healing okay? (Photos)

I had 350cc over the muscle, very happy with my breasts but I'm worried the scars are huge and not healing well. As advised by my doctor, I went back to normal activity 4 weeks post op but took it easy, I started using bio oil at 4 weeks. I'm very concerned. I was using surgical micropore tape for 4 weeks but was advised I could stop and use bio oil. Am I healing ok? Does it look normal? Still a bit tender and I've been doing my painful massaging twice a day for a week now.

Healing incisions of Breast Augmentation

Surgeons have a choice of several effective incision areas for breast augmentation surgery. Some have smaller incisions than others, and some are hidden better with body contour. Once any incision is made, your body needs to go through a natural healing process that usually takes up to a year to complete. The "scar" will improve quite a bit in the first few months, but most patients are anxious at times about how their scars are progressing or if it looks normal. I give all of my breast augmentation patients a silicone based scar management product to use once the incision has closed. It has proven to be extremely helpful in healing while reducing "scarring". 
Being just 5 weeks post-op, you have weeks to go where you'll continue to see improvement. At this point your incisions look "normal" for an under-the-breast incision, which is longer than underarm or areolar incisions. Try to be patient and continue to follow your surgeon's recommended protocols for scar management.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aug scar concerns

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture it look like healing well. Please follow instructions from your PS for scar management as every surgeon has their own way of doing it.

Are you healing ok

At 5 weeks the scars could still be tender, thick, lumpy, raised, and red.  The healing process for scars lasts over an entire year.  Continue the massage and be patient.  The thickness will continue to improve and the redness will fade over months.  It's still very early at 5 weeks.  From your photos you look like you are healing just fine.  It's a long process.  It sounds like you are following your surgeon's recommendations and doing the massage.  Keep it up!  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon