How long after silicone removal from the buttocks can I get a proper board certified BBL?

I had about 100ccs (50ccs per butt cheek) injected in my upper buttocks about 5 years ago from the black market. No complications (as far as I know of), no pain, swelling, discoloration. I have noticed when I get blood work done my results come back with high white blood count. This only started after I got the injections. I know it's tied to the silicone and I want it removed before it gets worse! How soon after getting it removed can I get a proper BBL? Thanks!

Its a good idea to get this taken care of before an issue. If you were my patient I would require a year and probably a second return to the OR just to make sure all of the black market material was gone

You will probably need 3 months or so after removal. It may not be possible to remove all of the material due to lack of visibility, injection into the muscle or more deeply, etc. This removal inevitably creates contour deformities, which can be difficult to correct with fat grafting. If you are going to do this, find someone who does these types of complicated procedures and can get you a reasonable result.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Silicone injections and removal in buttocks

You would have to be evaluated in person. It is very difficult to almost impossible in some cases to remove micro-droplet silicone completely that has been injected.

Silicone injections

You will need to wait 6 months before having a brazilian butt lift. You need to let the surgical area heal properly before having fat transfer to the buttocks.

Silicone injections

If one can localize the injected silicone in an area, then it can be removed. Remember one can never remove all the silicone injected. A CT scan can localize the bulk of injected silicone. Reconstructing the buttock defect afterwards depends on the healing and the softness of the area, may go 3-6 month before the fat transfer.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS