Timing for second Sculpsure treatment. How long should i wait?

Super pleased with my first sculpsure treatment to the ab areas and the flanks. My provider advised me to get my 2nd treatment to the same area after 6 weeks. Everything I read says to wait 3-5 months. Are there any negatives to 6? If lingering original treated fat cells are left --I don't want to waist the Sculpsure laser light hitting those again. I want new cells to be disrupted and want to get the same great results as 1st treatment. Has the retreatment protocol has been revised to 6 weeks?

Second Sculpsure Treatment Timing?

I encourage patients to wait 12 weeks for the greatest degree of predictability.  As others have mentioned, you certainly will see some degree of change by 6 weeks, but these are still early days in the treatment cycle of Sculpsure.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

When can i do another Sculpsure treatment

We recommend that our patientes can repeat a Sculpsure treatment as early as 6 weeks but as late as 12 weeks after the previous treatment.  This is because at 6 weeks the body had had enough time to clear the majority of dead fat cells but there is still some healing and results that you will see through the 12 week/3 month mark.  So if you are close to the results you are seeking, hold off and you may see a small bit more, but if you are far off from the results that you want then go ahead and treat sooner rather than later.  There will be minimal loos of the treatment because Sculpsure targets fat cells and not necessarily the inflammatory and healing tissue after those fat cells are destroyed.

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Timing for second Sculpsure treatment.

A second SculpSure treatment can be performed as early as six weeks following a first treatment. However, if one had some swelling after the first treatment, it may be wise to wait three months to allow the swelling to fully subside. There is no good data with regards to this but one would expect a more efficient treatment at three months versus six weeks.

Timing for repeat Sculpsure treatment

With Sculpsure patients will see initial results at around 6 weeks after treatment and optimal results at 12 weeks after treatment.  If you are planning to treat the same area, I would wait a minimum of 6 weeks and ideally 12 weeks.  The reason is that at 6 weeks there will still be improvement that will occur.  It may be that you won't need a second treatment if you wait the full 12 weeks for the results.  

If you are treating different areas, Sculpsure can be performed immediately after treating the first area.

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Repeat SculpSure Treatment

A repeat SculpSure treatment can be performed at 6 weeks. It takes up to 12 weeks to see the full results from your SculpSure treatment.

Patricia DePoli, MD, FACS
Skokie Plastic Surgeon

Second treatment

You should wait a minimum of 6 weeks prior to your second treatment on the same area. There are no adverse consequences if you keep this minimum time frame in mind.

Michael A. Russo, MD
Orange County Bariatric Surgeon

Time interval between SculpSure treatments

There is no hard and fast answer to this question.  Most physicians would recommend waiting 8-12 weeks between treatments, if nothing more than being sure a second treatment is necessary, of course we are talking about the same area.  If you are treating different areas, then no time frame difference is necessary.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure, Coolsculpting, Vanquish

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

6 weeks between SculpSure treatments

SculpSure treatments should be spaced 6 weeks apart. Full results are seen around 12 weeks after a treatment, so you won’t be seeing the full results from the first one before you have the second treatment. However, the sculpsure laser is built to specifically target live fat cells, so you won’t be retreating the same cells again.

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure treatments

Thank you for your question. Typically most of our patients only require one treatment of SculpSure and results will continue to show between 6-12 weeks after treatment. Being that you don’t want to waste the first treatment’s results, it’s best to wait 12 weeks before deciding to go in for your 2nd treatment. However, it’s safe to get a 2nd treatment after 6 weeks. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD