I have dark thick hair growing up my penis shaft up to the head (no exaggeration).What would you recommend? Laser hair removal?

I'm 20 years old and sexually active and I have this very undesirable hair growing up my penis all around up the shaft. Not only does it feel uncomfortable and itchy it makes me feel very insecure about it. I have to shave EVERYTIME before I go out. Then the next day I will have a stubble there (grows fast)and if i shave it again it is very sensitive. I've read about it and people say its normal but I dont care i want to get rid of it forever. Ive been looking into laser removal, what do i do?

Unwanted hair

Thanks for your question. Laser hair removal is an excellent option for you. I definitely suggest you pursue that course of action. Now, there may be some centers that don't want to treat men believe it or not in the pelvic region- that's not because it is not safe though (it is). We performed laser hair removal last year in the groin region on a male paraplegic who got a "No" from at least 4 places before he found us, which is sad. If you locate a quality center with a physician in charge they should be able to help you.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician

Laser Hair Removal

Laser hair removal will be your best option. Make sure you chose a reputable place for your treatments. I recommend a board certified dermatogist.

Laser hair removal for groin

Laser assisted hair removal is safe and usually imparts an excellent long term result. As always be sure to see a board certified dermatologist's office with extensive laser experience for the best result. Good luck. 

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal -- Seek an Expert

The pubic area responds very well to laser removal of hair, I suggest seeing an expert. Best, Dr. Emer