My Right Breast is Bigger Than Than the Left?

Im 27 years old and married for 5 years and i noticed lately that my right breast is bigger than my left.i haven't gone through any surgery.just wanted to find out if its normal.bit worried.please help

Breast asymmetry

Not to worry - 9 out of 10 women have some form of breast asymmetry, if you look closely enough.  Think of your breasts as "sisters", not "identical twins".

If the asymmetry bothers you, go and see your friendly neighborhood PS.

Slightly Larger Breast?

Thank you for your question! It is very normal to have a slightly larger breast.  If you are concerned I would advise you to see a plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman Estates Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

Thank you for your question.  It is actually a very common occurrence for me to see a woman in consultation who is concerned about the natural asymmetry of her breasts.  Common differences include size of the breasts, height of the breasts, breast shape and nipple height.  Often patients are born with these asymmetries and they can become more apparent in the post pubescent period, but factors such as pregnancy, breast feedings, and weight fluctuations can cause these asymmetries to become more or less noticeable throughout ones lifetime.   The good news is that this asymmetry that is sometimes bothersome to a patient, can often be improved and made less obvious with plastic surgery (breast implants, breast lifts, breast reductions and/or combinations of these procedures).

Right Breast Bigger than the Left

Many women have one breast that is visably larger than the other. This can change with pregnancy, breast feeding, weight gain and loss, etc.  If there is ever any concern for a breast mass,  see your doctor.

Breast Asymmetry

All women have some difference between one breast and the other. One may be larger, higher. different shape, different nipple height. That is what makes you human and not a robot. When the asymmetry bothers patients, it can frequently be improved with plastic surgery.

Breast Asymmetry is Normal

It is very common to have breasts that are different in volume, shape, and position. No need to worry, I have yet to meet a patient with perfectly symmetric breasts!
Thanks for your question! Best wishes!!

Gregory Park, MD

Breasts uneven

Breast asymmetry is normal.  No one is perfectly symmetrical.  If the difference in size is bothersome to you surgical intervention is an option.  You could augment the smaller breast to match the larger, or reduce the larger to match the smaller.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts

It is not unusual for one breast to be larger than the other. The difference may be hardly noticeable to as much as a several cup size difference. As a plastic surgeon, I rarely see a patient without some degree of breast asymmetry. There may be a shape difference (round on one side and teardrop on the other) as well as a size difference.

When considering breast implants, it is important for both the patient and the PS to be aware of any pre-existing asymmetries that may affect the aesthetic outcome.

Thanks for your question.

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Sudden change in breast size on one side

If you have recently noticed a change in your breast size you should be examined by a general surgeon or your OB-GYN.  It is not abnormal to have breasts of different sizes but a sudden change may be medically significant.  At your age you have most likely never had a mammogram so this may be the first step in working up the problem.  

Breast Asymmetry is More Common Than Discussed.

Breast asymmetry is one of the most common normal findings in women. It affects up to 85% of women to some extent.  This finding is quite normal.  Women usually do not seek correction of the asymmetry unless it is moderate to severe.  If asymmetry in breast size, shape or feel occurs abruptly, it would be prudent to have a breast examination by your OB/GYN or a General Surgeon.  Best wishes.