My Right Breast is Bigger Than Than the Left?

Im 27 years old and married for 5 years and i noticed lately that my right breast is bigger than my left.i haven't gone through any surgery.just wanted to find out if its normal.bit worried.please help

Breast asymmetry

Not to worry - 9 out of 10 women have some form of breast asymmetry, if you look closely enough.  Think of your breasts as "sisters", not "identical twins".

If the asymmetry bothers you, go and see your friendly neighborhood PS.

These Breast Asymmetries Are Completely Natural

All women have some asymmetries in their breasts. These differences can be in breast size, shape, height, and nipple height.

A big enough difference in size may result in getting breast implants of a different volume. For example, one would be 350 cc and the other 280 cc.

Pointing out and explaining asymmetries should be a part of patient education. This should be done during a consultation, prior to implant selection, as the asymmetries may influence implant choice, post-op results, and patient expectations.

I hope that answers your question regarding surgery on asymmetric breasts. It’s great that you’re doing this research. I always say that the best patients are informed patients.

You might also want to research your options for breast implants. Choosing the right implant is the number one concern among women considering breast augmentation. Did you know, there’s actually a way to select a implant shape, size, and profile that is perfect for you?

A term that I use with my patients for the perfect implant is the “Pony Implant”.

So what do I mean by “perfect”? Well, a Pony Implant has three qualities to it. First, the implant meets your beauty goals. For example, you want to your breasts to look fuller while still appearing natural.

Second, when you chose your Pony Implant, you walk out of your consultation 100% confident that you’ve chosen the right shape and size for you. In other words, you won’t be second guessing your decision, and you won’t be afraid of having gone too big or too small.

And third, after your procedure, you are thrilled with your results, and say, "I’m so happy. This is exactly what I wanted!"

That’s the Pony Implant. And the great news is that there is a simple process to go about finding yours.

This issue of selecting the right implant is so important when it comes to patient satisfaction or dissatisfaction that, again, I really encourage you to learn more about it.

Thank you for reading and best of luck on your journey!

William Rahal, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Breasts are sisters, not twins!

Hi bubby1983, Asymmetry affects everyone! Most women have one breast that’s bigger than the other just like they might have a leg or arm that’s slightly longer than the other. (And by the way, when you have your next pedicure, look and see if your toes exactly match!) The point is that it’s rare for the human body to be symmetrical. However, in some women the difference in breast size and shape is more noticeable, and this is where a breast augmentation and/or a breast lift can be a big help. It is very common to use two different implant sizes to adjust for the difference in natural breast tissue. In rare cases, one breast may need a lift while the other one does not. Interestingly, breasts often heal from surgery differently too! If you are concerned I recommend you see your doctor and definitely recommend this if any changes to your breasts are recent and cannot be attributed to any body changes due to weight gain, pregnancy or birth control. 

William Aiello, MD

Slightly Larger Breast?

Thank you for your question! It is very normal to have a slightly larger breast.  If you are concerned I would advise you to see a plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman Estates Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

Thank you for your question.  It is actually a very common occurrence for me to see a woman in consultation who is concerned about the natural asymmetry of her breasts.  Common differences include size of the breasts, height of the breasts, breast shape and nipple height.  Often patients are born with these asymmetries and they can become more apparent in the post pubescent period, but factors such as pregnancy, breast feedings, and weight fluctuations can cause these asymmetries to become more or less noticeable throughout ones lifetime.   The good news is that this asymmetry that is sometimes bothersome to a patient, can often be improved and made less obvious with plastic surgery (breast implants, breast lifts, breast reductions and/or combinations of these procedures).

Stephen T. Greenberg, MD
Woodbury Plastic Surgeon

Right Breast Bigger than the Left

Many women have one breast that is visably larger than the other. This can change with pregnancy, breast feeding, weight gain and loss, etc.  If there is ever any concern for a breast mass,  see your doctor.

Breast Asymmetry

All women have some difference between one breast and the other. One may be larger, higher. different shape, different nipple height. That is what makes you human and not a robot. When the asymmetry bothers patients, it can frequently be improved with plastic surgery.

Michael Horn, MD

Breast Asymmetry is Normal

It is very common to have breasts that are different in volume, shape, and position. No need to worry, I have yet to meet a patient with perfectly symmetric breasts!
Thanks for your question! Best wishes!!

Gregory Park, MD

Breasts uneven

Breast asymmetry is normal.  No one is perfectly symmetrical.  If the difference in size is bothersome to you surgical intervention is an option.  You could augment the smaller breast to match the larger, or reduce the larger to match the smaller.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts

Hi,

It is not unusual for one breast to be larger than the other. The difference may be hardly noticeable to as much as a several cup size difference. As a plastic surgeon, I rarely see a patient without some degree of breast asymmetry. There may be a shape difference (round on one side and teardrop on the other) as well as a size difference.

When considering breast implants, it is important for both the patient and the PS to be aware of any pre-existing asymmetries that may affect the aesthetic outcome.

Thanks for your question.

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon