Unhappy With My Nose, Any Way To Fix Without Surgery?

im 13 and im really insacure about my nose and i personaly think the tip of my nose is a little on the big side.and i get called big nose at school.. so is there a way i could some how fix it without sugery? please help!

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty-The Pro's/Con's From a Nose Specialist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Deciding whether you are or are not a candidate for a non-surgical nose job really depends on your goals. The best candidates for a non-surgical nose job are typically the following types of patients: 1) Those who want the bridge of their nose raised or who want a hump hidden to achieve a more feminine profile 2) Patients with a nose that deviates to one side or the other. Filler can help make it look more straight 3) Patients with features in the tip that appear too harsh or pointy and need softening. Fillers can help create a much smoother and balanced appearance. What non-surgical nose jobs can't do are help patients narrow their nose, make it project (stick out) less, or help with breathing. For these issues a surgical rhinoplasty is required.

It is very important to know that a non-surgical rhinoplasty is a VERY advanced and technically challenging procedure to do safely. Too much filler in any given area can cause issues with blood supply to the skin on the nose so it is essential that you have a physician who is comfortable in rhinoplasty perform the procedure. There must be an utmost respect for the anatomy and blood supply of the nose. In experienced hands it can be done safely and beautifully with results that enhance the appearance of the nose and really help patients feel more confident.

Depending on the filler used, the results typically last between 1 and 2 years. The procedure is performed after topical numbing creme is applied and should be performed in a meticulous fashion. This means that the procedure typically takes about 45 minutes.

I hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
Harvard Trained/Board Certified
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Nose Job for Young Patients

Hi there,

Many of my patients for the non-surgical nose-job are, like you, younger. At this age, many surgeons do not recommend plastic surgery. However, the non-surgical rhinoplasty is a great alternative, as it is safe, quick, and painless. It can give you a chance to experience a nose you like before getting surgery someday, or you may decide never to have it surgically corrected. I would suggest talking with your parents about this alternative to see if it's right for you. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD, FAAD

Nonsurgical nose job

Frequently we can improve the profile or tip of the nose with adding a filler, such as Juvederm, to the nose.  Although you would think this would make the nose look bigger because we are adding something to it, the "optical illusion" we create is of a smaller nose.  That being said, not every nose can be improved with this technique.  You probably want to have a consultation first or at least send your photos to the doctor being scheduling the treatment.  This is also a very "artistic" technique, so make sure you have go to someone with a lot of experience doing non-surgical/filler/lunch time nose jobs.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon