What's different about Airsculpt laser liposuction than other laser liposuction techniques?

Read about Airsculpt in a NYT piece and was curious what's different between that and other laser lipo. It looks like one doctor just calls it something different?

Airsculpt Laser Liposuction in Beverly Hills

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I exclusively perform this liposculpting approach. I am experienced with all other techniques and this is clearly the best in my hands. Airsculpt is not just a device. It's a combination of our unparalleled devotion to liposuction, awake comfortable sculpting, complete patient care, hidden skin openings, laser treatment of unwanted fat and skin, meticulous fat removal using our specifically tailored powered device and tiny cannulas, and unrivaled before and after results. I agree that great outcomes are directly related to the surgeon's skill, but when it's combined with the previously mentioned components, it's the only way to go. 

The most successful liposuction device on the market!

Study after study has shown that the brand and the manufacture of a liposuction device does not make any difference in the results of liposuction, but the experience of the plastic surgeon can make a difference.  There are many liposuction techniques on the market, and there are just as many devices in many salesman who go around and explained to plastic surgeons how their device is more successful than the others' devices.  Unfortunately for these device manufacturers, the surgeon's experience is much more important in the level of results the patient will have in the device itself.  This is not to say that some devices are better than others,but they may be better at getting the job done more nicely with less fatigue for the surgeon, but they almost never make a difference in the patient's results unless a doctor's experienced and is paying attention and planning the operation properly.

The most successful liposuction device on the market is a good honest experienced liposuction surgeon.  Forget the device, and focus on finding the right surgeon to take good care of you.

Discuss your needs, wishes, recovery time constraints, and budget limits with an honest and experienced surgeon, and receive bias-free personal advice. ALWAYS consult a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of plastic surgery, to ensure the highest standards of ethical practice and safe surgery.

Reza Momeni, MD FACS
American Board of Plastic Surgery
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

* The above commentary is not personal medical advice, and is intended for general education on the internet.

I love my equipment

I have used many of the technologies out there. AirSculpt is by far my favorite.

It is an exclusive set-up available to few surgeons around the country.

As previously stated, we see it as a vision more than just the machines. It's a commitment to delivering only the very best and using stringent patient selection while striving for consistently great results with the highest patient satisfaction.

We would rather turn someone down than have anything but fantastic outcomes.

It is also associated with a commitment of experienced providers with a proven track record.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Airsculpt ?

There are many marketing names given to lipo over the years.  The GOLD Standard and safest is tumescent liposuction performed safely in an approved surgery center in an outpatient facility with appropriate sedation.   There are no sutures used and incisions are kept to minimum and hidden by experienced true artist of liposculpture.  Back to work is 2 days with no bruising whatsoever.  Rest assured that The Evidence Based Medicine Practice Guidelines published in Journal of Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery does not recommend any addition to tumescent liposuction as being in anyway advantageous however more risk to adverse events.  This being said laser added to "cook" and melt the fat or sound waves vaser to destroy or liquify fat prior to its suction do not add any advantage over tumescent liposuction but risks such as burn.  In the case of "Airscult" it is no different.  It is not appealing as there is a "punch" to remove a round part of skin rather than a small slit to introduce the cannula to suction.  As the author of Scars and Scar revision in text of Plastic Surgery I could tell you that Punch does not leave favorable scar. So avoid it.  Punch was used and still used by some doctors that do lipo or laser lipo however scaring is not favorable over small slit.  There is small suction cannula used for tumescent lipo.  Air pressure being used to inject numbing in Airsculpt does not have any benfits.  There is NO data nor any scientific published articles to describe Airsculpt other than it being a marketing name/tool to make lipo for group that uses the name airscult more unique and different than others.  Thanks for excellent question

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Air Sculpt Laser Liposuction

The number one most important factor when it comes to liposuction, by far, is the skill and experience of the surgeon performing it.

Be wary of marketing hype.

For disclosure, I perform liposuction using tumescent, laser, ultrasound, and power assisted techniques. They all work well on properly selected patients in the hands of the right surgeon.

Warmest wishes,
Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Liposuction -Airsculpt

I think that if you are interested in liposuction find a surgeon who does nice work. It doesn't really matter what machine is being used in my opinion you can get good results with most machines. It is more important who is operating them.

Liposuction is surgeon dependent not machine dependent.  Look at before and after galleries and find the best surgeon.