I am interested in a C cup teardrop implant before and after photos. I am currently a small B, before breastfeeding I was a C?

I have nursed three children (5 years of nursing total). I have major volume loss, but pretty sure I don't need a lift. I was a full C before children and now am a small B. I would like to see more pictures of the teardrop implant. I can't seem to find many before and after a of this type of augmentstion. I want the most natural look possible. I don't want to look like I have small round balloons under my shirt.

Breast implants

Good question.  Teardrop or "shaped" breast implants offer a unique problem that does not occur with round implants.  When a round implant rotates under the skin it doesn't create a deformity.  However, if a shaped implant moves it will cause a deformity and a potential revision under the knife.  The silicone implants we use today, when they sit in the body, behave like breast tissue and do create a teardrop shape.  Thus, there are very few instances where I would even consider a shaped implant.

Implant Size and Cup Size

Hello,The sooner you let go of cup sizes as a way to convey goal size, the greater the likelihood of satisfaction after breast augmentation.  There are too many variables and no reliable formula that equates implant size to cup sizes. The best way to determine and communicate goals is by having your surgeon perform in office sizing. This will give you the greatest chance of satisfaction, and tell you and your surgeon what's really important - how you look in the mirror - not what bra you'll be wearing.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Teardrop implant before and after photos

The most commonly used tear drop shaped implants are what's often referred to as the "gummy bear" style silicone gel implants.  They are really officially known as highly cohesive, form stable, anatomically shaped silicone gel breast implants.  They are the newest generation silicone gel breast implants, and are personally my favorite to use for breast augmentation (as well as reconstructive breast surgery) for the many advantages they offer over the more traditional round silicone gel breast implants.  There are 3 major silicone breast implant manufacturers approved for use here in the US by the FDA:  Allergan (Natrelle line), Mentor and Sientra.  Allergan's version of the gummy bears (which they known as the Style 410) I feel offer the most advantages over the other 2 brands because their version is the most cohesive and most form stable and has the least rippling and wrinkling and least collapse of the upper pole.  The more commonly used (classic or traditional style) round silicone gel implants the public is more familiar with are not usually referred to "cohesive silicone implants."  In the past and before the gummy bear silicone gel implants became FDA approved (only a few years ago), some of the breast implant manufacturers may have tried to apply the description to their classic or traditional silicone implants to imply (and confuse the public) that their traditional silicone implants were "cohesive" like the HIGHLY COHESIVE gummy bear implant, but they are not the same consistency or quality so they do not offer the same advantages as the newer gummy bear silicone gel implants.  They highly cohesiveness of the gummy bears impart a more dense consistency thereby exhibit less rippling and wrinkling, therefore have a lower rate of rupture and capsular contracture and are also able to maintain their shape (and the shape of the breast) for a longer period of time.  If you cut a classic/ traditional silicone breast implant in half, it will look like a block of Jello cut in half.  If you cut a HIGHLY COHESIVE gummy bear silicone gel breast implant in half, it will look more like gummy bears cut in half (or just a little softer).  The difference is significant so the implant characteristics, performance and durability are much different.  Because the gummy bear implant material is form- stable, it is shaped anatomically like a breast so it can look more natural especially for women who have little breast tissue.  Also, they can feel more natural because they do not wrinkle much (and palpability of the wrinkling is what can "give it away").  This is why more and more women are choosing the gummy bears- to "keep them guessing."   Gummy bear implants are more difficult to use for breast augmentation (especially if the surgeon does not have as much experience in using them), and they have very little room for error.  One has to be more precise with the dissection of the pocket and placement of the implants.  There are fewer surgeons offering them because unless you have had a lot of experience putting them in, you are less likely to feel comfortable offering them.  I would recommend you seek out board certified plastic surgeons who have had a lot of experience putting them in before you make your decision.  You may click on my link below to see some before and after pics of these gummy bear implants.  Best wishes.

Thank you for your question. Although without some pictures or an exam, it is hard to give you specific advice regarding breast implant surgery. However, from what you say about your goals, I think you would be very well served with augmentation with a shaped implant. Round implants do not always create a fake look. The appearance of an augmentation really ultimately depends on the soft tissue covering over the implant. And that can vary widely from person to person.I do not have any pictures on my profile of augmentation with shaped implants, but if would like to contact me directly, I would be glad to share with you some pictures of shaped implant cases I have done. Maybe that will help.Best of luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Implant selection

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what would be best for you.   Implant volumes do not guarantee cup size.

Natural result

Thank you for the question and it is not the implant but your choice of surgeon that will give you the desired result.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in the area Anderson become informed
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Teardrop implants

Thank you for your question.  There is no doubt that a teardrop implant can make all the difference in the proper patient.  With these devices, you can control four different dimensions of the breast (height, width, projection, and volume), and achieve not only a natural look, but also better symmetry, and a result that fits each patient's individual goals.  Having said this, a teardrop implant isn't always necessary or even helpful, and a full consultation with an experienced Board Certified plastic surgeon should be part of your process.  As a national educator in breast surgery, specifically shaped implants, you will find more helpful information at the website link below.  Good luck with your goals.

Dr. Schwartz

Michael R. Schwartz, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for question.I understand that you don't want to have an unnatural look. It really depends on your anatomy, but even a round implant can give a very natural look when it's sized conservatively. Teardrop implants are nice, but have their own drawbacks.I would consider consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons. They will be able to speak with you about the different style of implants and help you determine which implant, and implant size, are right for you.Breast augmentation recovery is typically quick and most patients are back to day-to-day activities in 24 hours.