Is there a noticeable difference between Natrelle Inspira SCF OR SRF?

Natrelle Inspira SCF vs SRF

Let me begin by telling you that I really like the SCF (and nearly all of the C or cohesive implants) for the right patients. Inspira implants in general were designed to be more filled than traditional implants of the same size range. If you remember the saline implants, filling them to the top of their fill range usually resulted in a better look and feel than staying at the lower range of fill. The same thing can be said about the Inspira implants. When you add the cohesive gel to the same basic design, you can reduce palpable irregularities (bumps) and the feel of folds. So when do I like them? I like them when you revise implants that have folding artifacts. I like them when I place the implant above the muscle (very little rippling, if any). I like them in thin patients with little gland to cover the implants. The firmness can be a problem if the rest of the breast is soft. But There is a new soft version (Inspira SoftTouch) which may solve that problem too. As for the cost, well, they're expensive, but for the right patient, they're worth it.

Implant Difference

Thank you for your question.  Probably not, but the SCF may feel a bit firmer than the SRF.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon with experience using Inspira implants to discuss this further with you.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

I recommend cohesive implants if possible

Natrelle is the Allergan brand implant

The S stands for Smooth. The C for Highly Cohesive Gel and the F for Full Projection. The R for Responsive Gel (non cohesive).

The Inspira Cohesive or SCF would have better shape retention. It by reports has a lower rupture rate. It would be slightly firmer. But it is extremely rare for women to complain that their breasts are too firm, after all younger breasts are more firm. I tell paitents the cohesive gel feels more like a 20 year old breast before implants and the responsive gel like a 40 year old breast.

I feel the other advantages of the cohesive include holding better shape over time.

The textured I believe has a lower capsule rate, and a better shape retention but has the slightly higher, 1 in 30,000 risk of ALCL vs a lower rate in smooth implants. Textured have traditionally been more common in Europe and smooth in the United States.

Benjamin Van Raalte, MD
Davenport Plastic Surgeon