I see the MiraDry advertised for the underarms, will it ever be available for the hands and feet? Why wouldn't it work there too?
MiraDry Laser for Hands and Feet?
Doctor Answers 22
MiraDry for the Hands Coming Soon
Miradry gives lasting results to stop underarm sweating
it works using microwave technology to heat the area where the sweat glands reside. A vacuum action is applied to bring the skin away from the underlying structures. Currently that is the barrier to using it on the hands and feet. However, technology always improves over time, so we will see what will happen in the next few years. You can also try topical robinul/glycopyrrholate, or pills, or iontophoresis treatments at home to decrease the sweating. See your board certified dermatologist for options. Best to you, Dr. Jacob
MIRADRY IN NEW JERSEY - HANDS AND FEET?
We routinely perform Miradry in our office and have been amazed at the permanent reduction / elimination of underarm sweating in just 1-2 treatments.
Best of luck!
You might also like...
MiraDry is FDA approved for the underarms, not hands and feet .. Buffalo Niagara, NY
Other areas of the body, like the hands and feet have vital structures that are too close to the skin and are at increased risk of injury - this includes the digital arteries in the hands and feet, venous structures and branches of the median nerve, ulnar nerve and radial nerve in the hand.
Stay tuned, however, as there are several companies out there (that I am aware of) that are developing technologies to treat hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet with 'other' energy sources - RF, focused ultrasound, cryotherapy, etc. This technology should be out in the next several years for clinical use in patients with hyperhidrosis of the palms and feet.
Read the miraDry ebook for free on the weblink below.
I perform 1 miraDry procedure in 86% of my patients with underarm hyperhidrosis. The rest (14%) required a second miraDry procedure.
I perform all miraDry procedures at level 5.
Excessive sweating of hands and feet
Excellent question. The technology needs to be adjusted for the difference in skin thickness and quality, number & depth of sweat glands. Even though it is very successful in treating underarm sweating it is not yet approved for non-underarm treatments. For hands and feet there are other options such as injecting Botox or a low dose pill that you take daily. We have had good patient satisfaction with both methods.
Hands and Feet with miraDry?
Treatment for Excessive Sweat for Hands and Feet
#Miradrytreatsunderarms #excessivesweating #Miradrytreatsodor
MiraDry : A Permanent Solution for Underarm Sweating
#Miradrysweatelimination #underarmsweating #underarmodor
Botox can be a good alternative while miradry is being approved for use in those areas. Botox prevents the nerves from telling the sweat glands to produce sweat and odor. Hope that helps!
Miradry for armpit sweating
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.