Are there benefits for having more than 6 Fraxel treatments?

I understand that it is recommended to have about 4 to 6 treatments. But if I want to have 7 or even more treatments, will the results keep getting better?

Benefits of multiple Fraxel treatment

On average I recommend 4 treatment sessions. Often, though, patients are so happy with their results that they ask if additional treatments would benefit them. I will often do up to 6 treatment sessions on these patients. Then I will switch over to another treatment option for additional benefits such as microneedling (great for texture) or chemical peels. I always recommend a good topical skincare regimen to maintain the results. 

Thanks for your query. Yes you can have multiple sessions just space out the time more. As then your skin gets chance to recover. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Four To Six Anti-Aging Treatments Plus Maintenance Good For Fraxel

Generally, patients improve significantly sufficiently after four to six treatments that they see no need to continue. And, as with all cosmetic dermatology procedures, sometimes less is more. You want your skin to look natural and healthy, so I would avoid over-treating. It is a good idea to have yearly maintenance treatments to continue the benefits of collagen production and rejuvenation. Please see a board-certified dermatologist about how to repair and rejuvenate your skin with Fraxel.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

I do fraxel on myself 3 times a year for rejuvenation and age prevention. I suggest you continue treatments quarterly with sculptra and microneedling/PRP to get better outcomes and for prevention.  Best, Dr. Emer.