How do I get liposuction done with Medicaid and Medicare?

I have humongous stomach from birthing my three son,s all weighing at birth oldest son was 8lbs 7oz,second child was 8lbs 4oz,and third child was 10lbs 7oz. Please help.! I have sleep apnea,sciotic nerve damage, fibermyalgia,pinch nerves in my lower back disc degenerative, acute arthritis.

Liposuction Covered By Medicaid?

Cosmetic procedures such as liposuction are typically not covered by insurances. It would be very unusual for liposuction to be covered by Medicaid.

Santa Fe Plastic Surgeon

Wants Medicaid and Medicare to pay for liposuction

Thank you for asking about  Medicare/Medicaid payment of liposuction

I am so sorry but no insurance will pay for liposuction.

However your problem may be loss of muscle support - called diastasis of the rectus muscles.
Some insurance will pay for this to be repaired.
So see a plastic surgeon who takes Medicaid and ask her/his opinion.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Liposuction and Insurance

Liposuction is not covered by any insurance.  You sound like you may need a tummy tuck however.  I suggest posting photos or seeing a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon to guide you.  Financing is avlb by most surgeons who do cosmetics.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Medicare and Medicaid lipo coverage?

You can't be serious,hard enough to get them to cover chemotherapy and transplants let alone liposuction.They will not cover it plain and simple.

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction coverage by insurance.

Liposuction is not covered by any insurance company. Diet and exercise is less expensive, less risky, and easier with no recovery time. It will take longer, but it is the preferred treatment, especially in your particular case.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

How do I get liposuction done with Medicaid and Medicare

Simple answer is NO. No health insurance covers liposuction for excess weight. Best to diet or start saving for the lipo surgery. Good luck. 

Sometimes a question just needs a straight forward answer.

You have to be kidding. This is a cosmetic operation and you are asking for your fellow citizens to pay for it.

Weight loss will probably help.  Consider a lab band which can be covered under insurance and will provide significant medical benefit.

Good luck,

Mark Eberbach, MD

Sorry to hear about all you issues. Liposuction is a cosmetic body contouring operation and the government will not consider paying for this. With all the issues you have, I believe you would be a high risk candidate.
Good Luck

Stephen M.Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

It's unlikely covered by Medicare or Medicaid.

Liposuction is an aesthetic procedure. It would be difficult to make a case that it would be beneficial to health or function.