How long does it really take for redness to go away from a erbium peel. its been 4 weeks and I'm concerned (photo)

i am still red as a beet.. i am very concerned that it will not go away.. should i be concerned. i was given hydroquinone to apply at bedtime.. it makes me more red.. my doctor said it may take 6 months to a year to go away.. he originally told me it would turn to a light pink in two weeks. what do i do

How long does it really take for redness to go away from a erbium peel. its been 4 weeks and I'm concerned

Thanks for your query. It takes a while for the redness to go. You can apply desonide lotion; it will help you easing out your redness faster. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Redness after an erbium peel

You need to go to your doctor with a bag full of all the product you are using right now.  I am certain you have developed an irritant or allergic reaction to one of the products you are using.  HQ products can do this.   In my office we would stop all products, and switch to a calming cream that contains hydocortisone and aloe as well as Epionce Medical Barrier Cream.  If you don't have access to these consider purchasing LaRoche Posay Toleriane cleanser and cream to help get the fire out.  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Slow healing post erbium peel

Thank you for sharing your question. Sorry to see how long your recovery is taking. It is uncommon to be that red so long following erbium skin resurfacing. Your doctor might want to consider using topical steroid cream. The skin will likely return to normal, but I would make an appointment for in-person evaluation with another surgeon who is experienced with this laser for a second opinion. Make sure to avoid sunlight until the redness has resolved. Good luck.