Is Sciton Micro Laser Peel a good choice for helping reduce wrinkles and skin laxity around eyes?

I have crepey skin and a bit of skin laxity under my eyes, but not bags. My PS has suggested laser resurfacing, but I'm worried about two weeks of down time with the CO2 or deep laser type of treatment. Would a mciro laser peel work for smoothing the crepiness and tightening up the skin a little?

Sciton Microlaser Peel vs Fully Ablative

Thank you for your question.   To help with the laxity under your eyes, the Sciton laser works very well.   I would suggest the fully ablative resurfacing with the addition of coagulation to cause more contraction.   The micro laser peel is a great procedure, but only is going to help a very small amount depending on the depth.   The recovery is longer, but using the fully ablative with coagulation is a much more powerful result.   Good luck.

Thanks for your query. Co2 laser works better for the fine lines and skin laxity, it is worth the downtime. Micro peel also helps in skin resurfacing but it requires a no. of sittings and may not reach up to that level. You can attach your picture for better result.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Micro laser peel vs fully ablative laser peeling

Yes, it is, essentially a micro peel is a very thin peel. The machine uses this same wavelength with the same scanner to deliver erbium energy deeper in to the skin. This is more dramatic, however so are the results. It really depends on the END goals, Specialist can tailor erbium peels at different depths, mix co2 fractional laser, or even come up with a solution consisting of lasers, micro needling and PRP as well as fillers to meet your needs and downtime. Here is what a fully ablative Scition can do for eye rejuvenation. The before and afters tell the story. All the best, Dr Davin Lim . Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Sciton Microlaser peel for wrinkled skin around the eyes

A Sciton erbium laser used for deeper, fully ablative treatment around the eyes is one of my favorite treatments for lax eyelid skin.  This treatment though has down time of 1-2 weeks.  For fast recovery, we offer Pelleve RF treatments for tightening lax skin,  Ultherapy to lower eyelids and upper lateral brows and finally Microneedling with PRP both injected and applied topically.   I tend to use the first two for lax skin and the Microneedling where the skin has more crepey changes and mild laxity.   Zero recovery time for the first two and a couple days for the MN/PRP treatment

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Micro laser peel

This refreshes the face but will not be as effective as a deeper peel.If you prefer a no downtime procedure for the eyes readiofrequency with thermismooth can stimulate new collagen and tighten the appearance of both upper and lower lids. This treatment will be featured on time warner cable ny1 later this week.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Micro laser peel

For improving crepe like skin of the lower kids, a deeper type peel with the Sciton such as adding coagulation settings to the ablative setting. The additional energy causes tightening, and works very well.  You would be able to use makeup within 4-5 days post treatment. A MLP alone will not significantly tighten the skin. 

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon