Is this post inflammatory hyperpigmentation? (Photos)

I underwent obagi blue radiance peel yesterday. This is day 2 and I have lot of bluish discoloration over my skin. more on right cheek and right chin? I was told that this is normal. But to me it looks like post inflammatory hyperpigmentation? Please advice. Does post inflammatory hyperpigmentation happen too soon after peel? If yes, what should I do?

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation after blue peel at day 2?

Hi there and thank you for the question. 

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a reaction of the body to injury or other factors that lead to inflammation. It does however take some time to appear and in your case this would be very unlikely at day 2. It is more likely to be a bruise but it is difficult to ascertain from photographs alone. Bruises can themselves hyperpigment (at a later stage) if exposed to strong sunlight so be careful going out in  the sun. You  are best advised to see and discuss with the specialist who treated you.

I hope that you found this information helpful.

Best wishes

London Plastic Surgeon

Is this post inflammatory hyperpigmentation

Thank you for your questions and photos.  An examination is needed to fully answer your questions.  Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation does not occur in the few few days. Discuss your concerns and have an examination with your physician who applied the peel.  Best wishes  

Obagi Blue Peel

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  I'm sorry to hear that you have had a difficulty recovery after your Obagi Blue Radiance Peel.  Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation usually takes much longer to appear than two days.  Have you recovered from this initial presentation?  Did you have any other treatments (fillers/botox) on the day of your peel?

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon