Can obagi blue peel be used under the eyes?

I have dark circles and I've used creams over in the past 6 years. I've tried many different skincare products, and nothing seems to work. I also did V.I Peels hoping that would work I did two/three sessions of that and it was a huge let down the second I felt like it made my dark circles a lot darker. I've seen so many reviews about the obagi blue peel and was curious if it's possible to use it just under the eyes and on the eye lids? Im also African American. Which obagi blue peel should I do?

Blue Peel Under the Eyes

The Obagi Blue Peel can definitely be used around the eyes - it's actually one of my favorite treatments to help tighten skin, improve the appearance of fine lines, and fade pigment around the eyes.  The Blue Peel can be safe for many patients with skin of color, however, the risk of scarring and hyperpigmentation is definitely higher.  There are ways to reduce these risks, by preparing the skin with skin lightening agents for several weeks/months prior to the peel, among other things.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has extensive experience with chemical peels in patients with skin of color, to determine if the Blue Peel would be right for you. 

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Obaji Blue Peel under eyes

If your skin is dark (our scale of Fitzpatrick 6), then must approach the peels with caution. It is a difficult area to correct, and may result in hyperpigmentation.  That said, you can have a blue peel around the eyes and eyelids. It does help with the pigmentation and supplementing with a hydroquinone based cream would be advisable. Given the fact you have hyperpigmentation, I would consult with a board certified physician who can examine you and see if you are a candidate.

Samir R. Shah, MD, FACS
Oak Lawn Plastic Surgeon

Dark circles under eye

Obama blue peel is an excellent and safe choice. These under eye dark circle are however not easy to ablate. You could use hydroquinone 4% regularly and products containing Kojic acid . Regular daily use is important .

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon