Can obagi blue peel be used under the eyes?

I have dark circles and I've used creams over in the past 6 years. I've tried many different skincare products, and nothing seems to work. I also did V.I Peels hoping that would work I did two/three sessions of that and it was a huge let down the second I felt like it made my dark circles a lot darker. I've seen so many reviews about the obagi blue peel and was curious if it's possible to use it just under the eyes and on the eye lids? Im also African American. Which obagi blue peel should I do?

Obaji Blue Peel under eyes

If your skin is dark (our scale of Fitzpatrick 6), then must approach the peels with caution. It is a difficult area to correct, and may result in hyperpigmentation.  That said, you can have a blue peel around the eyes and eyelids. It does help with the pigmentation and supplementing with a hydroquinone based cream would be advisable. Given the fact you have hyperpigmentation, I would consult with a board certified physician who can examine you and see if you are a candidate.

Oak Lawn Plastic Surgeon

Dark circles under eye

Obama blue peel is an excellent and safe choice. These under eye dark circle are however not easy to ablate. You could use hydroquinone 4% regularly and products containing Kojic acid . Regular daily use is important .

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon