Is getting a fever normal after BBL? I'm 4 days post-op. My temperature has been as high as 101.8.

I had my BBL on 8/4/14 it is now 8/8/14 I got a fever I've been taking my temperature ever hour the highest it's been is 101.8 Now, my surgeon in a busy surgeon which that shouldn't be an excuse to not follow up with his patients I will be seeing my doctor on Monday 8/11/14 that is the day that I am traveling back home. Can anyone please tell me if this is normal after getting a BBL? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Fever after BBL

Thank you very much for the question, please go back to your surgeon and ask him to do exams maybe an chest x-Ray and some blood exams, fever after this procedure is usually not  normal, but your surgeon must know this event. 
Good Luke and please kip us posted.

Post operative fever

Thanks for your question. If you are running a fever after any surgery your surgeon should be notified. Best of luck to you.

Sumanth Pagadala, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Fever following BBL

You should definitely contact your operative surgeon to notify them of your increased temperature.  Most likely, you are experiencing some atelectasis.  Try deep breathing and coughing regularly every hour but you should still notify your surgeon.