Can I have a BBL and Breast Fat Transfer all at once?

I want to do a bbl and also a breast fat transfer. Can I have these two procedures together?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and concerns.

The first thing to consider and most importantly before any individual or combined intervention is the state of health of the patient and is necessary to evaluate individually and with the necessary examinations to manage complications and generate a state postoperative less painful and rapid healing.

I do not recommend the fat transfer to your breast, Several international studies show that fat transfer breast is related to the incidenceof breast cancer, if interested in a breast augmentation would recommend silicone implants.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Yes, the two procedures can be performed at the same time, if the board certified plastic surgeon is an expert at both procedures.

The fat available for transfer for the two areas will be competing with each other, and recovery would be difficult. You should carefully weigh the alternatives in consult with your surgeon. If you have enough fat for multiple stages you can consider doing them separately. If you have a limited amount of fat you may want to do the BBL and (Silicone or Saline) Breast Augmentation. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Fat transfer to breast and buttock

Most patients will not have sufficient fat to transfer to both the breasts and the buttocks. The position after surgery will also be quite challenging. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for more detailed information.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

BBL and Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question. I do not recommend undergoing these procedures at the same time if you want a significant volume increase. You will not be able to rest on your bum after a BBL Procedure and in the same way, you should not rest on your front after a Breast Fat transfer. For optimal results you should undergo these procedures at different times so you don't jeopardize either procedure. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation. 

Rami Ghurani, MD

Body contour enhancement (BBL; Breast Augmentation) with fat transfer

Figure enhancement with fat transfer is unreliable, especially in the case where patients are urged to gain weight in preparation for fat transfer procedures such as the Brazilian Buttock Lift (BBL):

1) Transferred fat does not survive reliably: up to 80% will melt and this may not happen in symmetric fashion;

2) Transferred fat always behaves as if it were in its original location, so if you gain weight, have fat transfer, and then lose weight the transferred fat will disappear.

Additionally; fat transfer to the breasts may interfere with mammography.

Enhancement with implants guarantees contour adjustment.    In my experience this is the preferred method since the risks are small and the results are permanent.