Can You Get Actually 6 Packs After Liposuction?

For example, I had lipo 2 years ago and i have been working out so much to try to get my 6 packs and its been impossible.

Liposuction in the conventional sense is not going to help with getting a six pack..   Exercise and diet can take you that last bit to a six pack.  However, etching of the abdominal musculature can create the six pack appearance, but this is a very tricky procedure.  Liposuction and etching results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Vaser hi def lipo 4d

I appreciate your question.

Vaser assisted liposuction utilizes ultrasound to emulsify or melt felt prior to removal. It is also used to etch or define the muscles and normal anatomy to enhance the results. I use a specialized technique to remove the deeper fat areas and sculpt the superficial fat, so that one can achieve the goal of having not only a flatter stomach but also a more defined and curvaceous body if wanted. I can use this technique on the arms as well.

I also use the fat removed to graft into the pecs for men or breasts for women as well as into the arms and other areas to further enhance muscle definition.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery and high definition body contouring.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Abdominal Etching in Larchmont Village

Hi and thanks for the question. 

Abdominal etching procedures and delineate and augment the natural musculature appearance, or give the appearance of muscle enhancement. These results can be supplemented with precision fat transfer.

Best of luck !

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Liposuction and six pack abs

Thank you for the question.  Liposuction will thin out the fat but may not allow a six pack appearance unless the muscle inscription depth to fat presence are in an appropriate ratio.  Abdominal etching may provide increased definition over the areas of muscle inscription.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Six pack abs

Getting a six pack is a tough prospect for most. If you could show some pictures, it would help us to give advise.  Although liposuction can help, you ultimately need a very low body fat percentage and strong, defined abdominal muscles. Good Luck!

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon