Liposuction and Abdominal Etching Done with Smart Lipo?

I had liposuction done on my upper and lower abdomen as well as abdominal etching with smart lipo triplex. I am two months out and my serratus and first two rows of abs are visible. 1, Are the lower abs and linea alba the last thing to show? I have a lot of scarring where last row of abs should be, dr says if in 3 months it has not improved he will inject area with steroid to break up scar tissue, is this effective? I have been massaging VERY aggressively, has been of marginal help.

Vaser hi def lipo 4d

I appreciate your question.

Vaser assisted liposuction utilizes ultrasound to emulsify or melt felt prior to removal. It is also used to etch or define the muscles and normal anatomy to enhance the results. I use a specialized technique to remove the deeper fat areas and sculpt the superficial fat, so that one can achieve the goal of having not only a flatter stomach but also a more defined and curvaceous body if wanted. I can use this technique on the arms as well.

I also use the fat removed to graft into the pecs for men or breasts for women as well as into the arms and other areas to further enhance muscle definition.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery and high definition body contouring.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Hi-Def Core Muscles after Smartlipo

After completing a Smartlipo treatment designed to maximize abdominal definition and “etch” the core muscles, it is paramount to begin strength training which focuses on the core muscles: Rectus abdominus, serratus anterior, and external and internal obliques, and transversus abdominus.
Working inside a large health and wellness center, I have collaborated with personal trainers to develop a post-Smartlipo core sculpting program, and our data shows that the combination of Hi-definition Smartlipo followed by core workouts 2-3 times weekly for 12 weeks yields amazing results.
Scarring in the lower abdomen is not expected after a Smartlipo procedure, but you may have a small amount of persistent lymphatic congestion in the lower abdomen, which can be relieved with a series of shiatsu-type massages and core muscle toning.  I advise you to not have any steroid injections in the area, unless you developed discrete areas of firm, thickened skin at the incision sites (hypertrophic or keloid scars).  These types of raised scars are rare, but respond well to a dilute steroid injection.
In summary, I advise you to begin a core strengthening program, ideally with a personal trainer 2-3 times weekly.  Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and abdominal etching

Questions like the one you are posing really should be addressed by your surgeon because he would know the best from what he did for you.