Repair fat loss in face after Ultherapy? (Photo)

I got ultherapy on my lower face and jaw on approx October 4th and I'm not happy with what is happening to my face. I think it's made me look more hollow and saggy. Im considering juvaderm and Botox now but also maybe PRP shots and vitamin d. the surgical option downtime and the recovery are frightening to me. I would love to hear from a doctors perspective - do you see negative changes based on my pictures? Should I do anything now or wait until it's been 6 months and then decide?

Sagging Face After Ultherapy -- Sculptra/Fat/Fillers, Lasers, Venus Legacy

I suggest a formal facial sculpting consult to see what the best combinations of fillers, lasers and skin tightening would be best for you.  Based on the photos, you are a skin surgery candidate and may need to consider this and fillers or fat to give you a much more robust improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Post Ultherapy Results

Hi and thank you for your question!
It does appear that there has been an improvement, based on these photos. You may want to return for a post treatment visit with the office that did the treatment & they can compare the in office before and after pics, with the same lighting etc. Also, Ultherapy definitely continues to work and improve for 6-7 months post treatment, so you have definitely not seen your final result.
We often combine Ultherapy with botox and fillers for many patients! They work very well in combination. Often, Ultherapy will not solve all of your concerns, but it does make changes & improvements in the tissue that filler and Botox cannot.
Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Sagging of the skin and Ultherapy

The pictures show an improvement in skin laxity in the lower face especially near the jowls.

HIFU is focused ultrasound and does not penetrate below 4.5 mm and based on ultrasound physics, the energy is attenuated (ultrasound physics terminology) and does not penetrate deeper.

Read the Ultherapy ebook on the link below.

Discuss your concerns with the provider who did the Ultherapy. 

Dr Karamanoukian

Repair fat loss in face after Ultherapy?

It is extremely unlikely that Ultherapy caused fat loss in your face. The HIFU is not targeted at the fatty layer and has never been shown to cause fat atrophy. These alleged side effects have never been proven or truly verified and, in my opinion, are just another urban myth in Plastic Surgery. Having said that, you likely had photos taken before the Ulherapy treatment. Look those over and try to honestly compare where you were then to where you are now. If the photos confirm your suspicion, they are worth posting! Good luck.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy results

Based on the pictures you've posted, you have had a good result from your treatment as there is visible improvement in lower face skin sagging and wrinkling. This is exactly what we hope to achieve with Ultherapy. There is no evidence of fat loss.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon