Going from a 32aa or 32b to 600cc. What size will I become? (Photo)

What size will I become? I am 5"2' 108 pounds

Can I estimate what my bra size will be after implants?

Thanks for your question. Because bra sizing is so subjective and varies by manufacturer, it is impossible to say what bra size you will be with a 600cc implant. When discussing goals for sizing and shape, I believe 3D imaging is an invaluable tool for communication and helping to choose an implant size that will get the results you desire. It is also important to keep in mind that it will take about 4-6 weeks after surgery for your implants to “drop” or fully settle into place. Until the implants drop, I would not recommend buying all new bras, as it is likely your bra size will not be completely accurate until your implants have fully settled.

Nick Slenkovich, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photo.  Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to predict final cup size prior to surgery.  If you are unsure about final breast size, ask to "try on" the implants in your surgeon's office, making sure to focus on the "look" rather than the actual size.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Consult a board certified plastic surgeon

It is impossible to say as implant size does not correlate specifically to a cup size. Each bra manufacturer is different. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 500ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Size

You will be large. Bras are not standard size. But, if you would like to get an idea of your new size, go back to your surgeon, try on  the 600cc sizer, and ask to be measured. Otherwise, wait until about 4 to 6 weeks after surgery and be fitted for the right size bra.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Going from a 32aa or 32b to 600cc. What size will I become?

Be aware of your asymmetry-the left breast (right in photo) is lower and implant will fasll quicker and lower on that side. 600cc is huge! Be very careful. Implant size should match the base width of your breast. Figure one cup size increase per 150-200cc of implant.

What size will I be

While final bra size may be hard to pinpoint due the the variability of bras, shapes of women and the effect each implant will have on a particular breast. This is a common question asked not only in forums, but also in the offices of cosmetic plastic surgeons. It seems to be a source of some angst for most women as they have tremendous concern for what the final outcome might be. I find that several things over the last 25 years have helped patients decide which type, shape, and projection ratios will best suit their needs. I think it's helpful if the patient brings in several photographs of what the goal look of her breasts might be. Also, if she can bring some photographs of what she doesn't want this will eliminate trying to express in words what “natural”, “high cleavage”, “low cleavage”, “fake”, and “stripper” may mean to her. I have likewise found the Vectra 3-D imaging platform to be the single most helpful tool in trying to visualize what the outcome might be with different sizes of implants. The Mentor shell sizing system, in which a shell of implant material is placed over the breast and in a padless bra, can likewise be helpful in that it can, not only show the size in a bra, but can give the patient some idea as to what the weight of the implant might be.In my opinion, the implants will look best when the base width of the implant is at, or just slightly less, than a natural base width of her breast. Considerations of chest wall abnormalities, location of breast creases, shapes of the breast, amount of overlying breast tissue, stretch ability of the skin and breast over the implant among other things also play a role in trying to best decide which implant will look best. It can also be helpful if the plastic surgeon, during their consultation, can provide some insight into what the likely outcome would be with different sized implants given their experience in breast implant surgery over many years. We ask our patients to bring different types of clothing such as evening gowns and bathing suits as well as a tight shirt to evaluate what the implant might look like under these type of clothing options. It is also possible to make a home made breast size or using grain rice. Approximately 1 ounce of rice equals 30 mL of breast implants volume. The rice can be placed into a pantyhose leg and enough volume left in the pantyhose such that the rice can be flattened out. You can then tie off the pantyhose and cut off the excess. This flattened rice volume pantyhose can be added on top of the breast inside of a padless bra and can give a rough approximation of what the corresponding implant might look like. Besides the size, most plastic surgical consultations for breast augmentation will also deal with the shape of implants, whether round or anatomically shaped. Here I think the Vectra really shines in that you can place two images next to each other, one with the shaped implant and one with a round implant such that the potential breast implant patient can really see what the difference would look like on them. All things considered, this can be a fun process and the vast majority of patients in my practice are quite happy with their end result. Hope your surgery goes well and good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Exact implant to bra size conversion is guesswork at best

Final effect and bra size after breast augmentation varies based on many factors.  You will just have to wait.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

NO SUCH THING

The is no such thing as standard breast size.  if you buy ten bras, you will be an A in one, a B in another, a D in another.  A 300cc implant could topple a 4 foot woman, and look like a chicken nugget on a six footer.  Breast size is a concept of proportions. 

We consider a classy but juicy breast, what most people would judge a full C small D with good cleavage and lateral fullness, and sloping at the top.

The implant size to achieve this will vary with every patient. We never pre-determine implant volume prior to surgery and tell patients not to fixate on specific volume.

We want to know what the patient has in mind in terms of fullness and shape (natural slope vs bulging upper pole fullness).  Photos are discussed and the limitations of what the patient has to work with.  The more natural the pre-op breast, the better the post-op breast. 

At surgery we develop our pockets and try sizers from small to large.  As the breast enlarges it starts out symmetrical.  Then the bottom can no longer stretch and the upper pole fills disproportionally.  Eventually the upper pole fills to the point that the nipples start to point down.  The lower the nipples to start with, the faster they go over the edge. 

We push the breast until it deforms (either the nipple drops over the edge, or the top looks  unnatural depending on the pre-op anatomy). If the patient desired full but natural, we drop back one size and that is the largest implant that looks classy but juicy in that patient. (what most would consider a full C small D).  We look at the size of the sizer and replace it with permanent implants of the same size.  In most patients, what you see is what you get.  If it does not look good on the  table, we stay there until it does.  After 38 years, we do not put much faith in the concept that if it looks bad at surgery, it will settle and reshape with time.

We are fortunate to have all sizes available during surgery.  Do not get hung up on implant volume.  Tell your surgeon what you have in mind.

Luis Villar, MD, FACS

What bra size will you be post-op?

There is no exact answer to this.  Bras vary depending on the brand, design, style, etc.  If you were able to try on the implants, you should put more focus on how they look in the mirror in regards to your hips, waist, shoulders and the overall look you're trying to achieve.  Then, whatever bra you wear, you wear.  Good luck!