I am 8 days post op. Right breast sits much higher than the left. (Photo)

Is this common that it will correct itself or do I need a revision ? I have been massaging a little and stopped pain meds. My left side feels great but right is a bit harder and definitely higher. I can't tell if it's actually smaller or just sitting higher. I have saline under the muscle 350 filled to 380 CC on both sides.

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  At only days post-op, you are in the beginning stages of the healing process.  Over the next few months, your breasts will continue to heal, reduce in swelling, and drop into place.  Please be patient and continue to follow the instructions of your surgeon as you move forward in the healing process.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Asymmetry after augmentation

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon after surgery to have some asymmetry as the breasts do not heal at exactly the same time.  It can take several weeks or months for the implants to settle into their final position.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

The right size for you

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result

Asymmetry

Some asymmetry after surgery is not uncommon and may have been there before but you are very early in the post operative period, just 8 days it seems. Often times if an implant is placed submuscularly and an implant is lower on one side it may be because the person is right hand or left hand dominant and the implant is being pushed by constant use of that one arm. Check with your board certified plastic surgeon and see what they think of the asymmetry. Sometimes a bandeau can help push the side that is riding too high. Best of luck, MMT