How Can I Maximize/improve my Coolsculpt Results?

Immediately following a Coolsculpt treatment and in the days following (during the fat cell apoptosis phase), if more fat can be removed if I: - take a fat-burning supplement? - infrared sauna? - wear compression garment? - massage or use a vibration exercise machine?

Coolsculpting- the amazing art, magic, and motivation!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is a great question, that many patients ask. The most helpful way of maximizing your cool sculpting treatment is to have a thorough consultation with careful evaluation of the fat "pouches" so that the appropriate size, number and orientation of the handpick is designed to specifically "sculpt" your body- cool sculpting is not a one fits all process, but instead more of an art form where experience and a good eye for body shaping can optimize results. 

Recent work is also showing that vigorous massage for five minutes immediately after treatment likely increases the amount of fat that disappears.

Many patients optimize their results by maintaining healthy weight and exercise following treatment. One of my most dramatic results was in a patient who trained for a marathon after she was treated, and not only did her post baby tummy bulge disappear, but she looked quite fit so that he new flat tummy had a great body surrounding it. What we are learning is that cool sculpting is a great motivator! By removing those once permanent problem areas, patients feel inspired to achieve the body image goals that once seemed impossible. Use the inspiration to maximize your results!

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Maintain Healthy Diet and Exercise Regimen after CoolSculpting

The best way to capitalize on the benefits of CoolSculpting is to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen. Unfortunately, there is no proven evidence that any of these other methods you mentioned would help remove any extra fat. CoolSculpting works by freezing the fat cells beyond their viability. It takes a while for them to break down and for the fat to be flushed from the body. Talk to your CoolSculpting provider before taking any supplements because they may not benefit you and could even be harmful based on your treatments.

D. Scott Karempelis, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting recovery

Massage after treatment is proven to be essential.  We recommend light compression!

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

The discomfort from treatment does resolve. Taking over the counter tylenol or naproxen resolves this in the majority of cases. If you have swelling that is persistent then a waist binder is helpful.

How to Maximize/improve my Coolsculpt Results

Thank you for your question. The best way to maximize the benefits of CoolSculpting is to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen. There is evidence that any of the other methods you have mentions would help remove any extra fat. Please talk to your treating physician before taking any supplements as they could be harmful to you and your treatment. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD (not currently practicing)
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Best Results from CoolSculpting

You have asked a lot of great questions. I  our practice, we offer CoolSculpting Complete. We use two systems simultaneously to see double the results in just one hour. We do also offer a compression garment to all patients to enhance patient comfort. Vibrational therapy increases circulation and lymphatic drainage which could possibly enhance the elimination of the effected fat cells. 

Moderate exercise, eating right and drinking lost of water cana lso help results.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Maximize/Improve CoolSculpting Results

The best way to maximize or improve your results from CoolSculpting is to continue with additional treatments and maintain a healthy lifestyle. More treatments allow for the removal of more fat, and your healthy lifestyle keeps your body in your ideal shape.

Daljeet Samra, MD
Pleasanton Physician

Best Way to Maximize Coolsculpting Results is to Not RUIN Them

Weight gain will prevent you from appreciate your full results. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure is the only way to maximize/improve your Coolsculpting results. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Coolsculpt: Best Results

While there is nothing specifically needed to be done to see good results from Coolsculpting, there are several things that can be done to maximize the benefits of the procedure.  First and foremost, the patient should maintain a healthy lifestyle and BMI.  There is no clinical evidence that using fat burners or vibration devices or infrared sauna will enhance the Coolsculpting result.  Compression garments will not enhance the result, but do help with patient comfort following the Coolsculpting procedure.   We do however believe that pairing Coolsculpting with a skin-tightening radio frequency treatment, such as Venus Legacy, can help the body to rid itself of the dead fat cells faster (because of mechanical manipulation), along with assisting in stimulating collagen to help with skin tightening (because of RF heating and PEMF).  Finally, a session of Coolsculpting will produce a 20 - 25% reduction of fat in the treatment area.  If a further fat reduction is desired some patients do opt for a second Coolsculpting treatment in order to enhance their ultimate results.  Hope that is helpful.  

Dr. Paul Flashner

Paul Flashner, MD
Boston Physician

Coolsculpting works by itself -- don't add anything not approved by your physician

The coolsculpting procedure works by freezing the fat then breaking the crystals (either with immediate massage or using a radiowave device like the z-wave).  After that, everything else -- reabsorption of the fat and tightening by any inflammation -- is set in motion and doesn't need any help.  Immediatley after treatment with the original applicators, patients often liked wearing a snugger garment -- not compression per se -- just because it kept the fat from 'jiggling' and it felt better that day.  Similarly if the area felt sore or numb, gentle massage or warmth may have helped symptomatically.  However, the newest cooladvantage applicators leave very little if any swelling or bruising so the need for those is gone.  And remember the coolsculpting technology breaks up the fat -- you don't need any help metabolizing it.  I never recommend a  'fat-burning supplement' without prescription and supervision by your internist or general medicine physician.  Many of those supplements have been found to be 'uppers' and can cause cardiac or other harm.  They can also include diuretics but after coolsculpting you want to keep well hydrated, not dry out.

I hope this helps answer your question.  Best wishes.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Maximizing your results

Make sure you seek treatment from an official certified CoolSculpting office. Your provider should massage the treatment area vigorously after each session to effectively eliminate the fat cells. You should maintain a healthy diet and exercise after your treatment.