Are there any measures I can take to store as much fat as possible after it is transferred to my buttocks? I think the doctors will only be able to get 200cc's in each cheek if I'm lucky because I'm quite thin. So I really need that fat to survive! Are there certain techniques, supplements, or anyway to give me maximum fat survival after a fat transfer to the buttocks?
Methods To Maximize Fat Survival After a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Doctor Answers 11
Brazilian butt lift and fat survival
The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. When the fat is injected it has no blood supply so this fat is easily damaged. During the 1st 5 days the fat is probably at his weakest and most easily damaged.
I asked my patients not to sit or lay on the buttocks for 10 days. This 10 days is an arbitrary time greater than 5 days. In the best case scenario 65 to 75% of the fat injected will live. If you sit or lay on the fat causing prolonged pressure the fat will die. You still should not sit for hours on day 11 because you may damage the fat. In my patients I noticed the buttocks decrease in size for the 1st 2 to 3 weeks after that the size does not change.
The technique of the injection can also determine what percentage of the fat lives. But the only thing you can control is not putting pressure on the buttocks for the 1st 10 days.
Fat survival after Brazilian butt lift can be optimized
After fat transfer to the buttocks (Brazilian butt lift) it is important to:
- Eat an healthy diet with good multivitamin supplementation
- Avoid direct trauma or pressure to the buttocks. It is acceptable to sit, since very little fat is moved to the area affected by sitting, but it is important to avoid reclining, sleeping on back side, and any direct pressure to the upper and lateral aspect of the buttocks
- Avoid smoking and being around second hand smoke at all costs
- Lightly massage the area with light non-irritant massage oil twice a day. This will improve circulation to the area. Hard massage is not indicated for at least 6 weeks
Overall, it is most important to maintain normal weight and avoid direct trauma. Fat survival after Brazilian butt lift is usually very good.
Fat survival after Brazilain butt lift
Fat survival after a Brazilian butt lift is mainly dependent on the surgical technique. There are many things that the surgeon can do to increase the survival of the fat and for subsequent long-term results.
1. Use small cannulas to inject the fat. A cannula should not have more than 3 mm diameter.
2. Inject the fat in multiple passes.
3. Inject the fat in different layers. The muscle layer has a better blood supply so the chances for fat survival will be higher.
4. Avoid excessive blood in the fat.
5. Do not not irrigate the fat with saline or any product.
6. Avoid the fat from being exposed to air for a long period of time.
7. Mix the fat with platelet gel. This is basically your own growth factors mixed with fat. It will improve angiogenesis. (Growth of vessels)
8. Avoid pressure on the buttocks that can damage the fat by not sitting for 10 – 14 days.
9. No smoking.
10. Use low power suction during liposuction and a liposuction machine that does not injure the fat.
You might also like...
Brazilian Butt Lift
Don’t go on a diet to reduce calories. Give the fat cells food and eat a higher calorie diet of excess of 2,000 calories a day with good fats…olive oil, nuts, walnuts, pecans and, almonds for a time to be determined by your surgeon. But first discuss this plan with your surgeon who should be involved in your activities and recovery. They may want you to follow another plan and that is what you should do.
Limit sitting, modify sleeping position--and discuss with surgeon!
Several steps can be taken to increase fat cell survival.For instance, we limit sitting or lying on the buttocks to one hour intervals for the first two weeks following surgery.When patients do sit in a chair, they should rest their weight on their posterior thighs, away from their buttocks.In addition they should utilize an inflatable pillow whenever possible.When sleeping they should lie on either their side or abdomen to avoid pressure on the buttocks.
These routines place obvious limitations on physical activity for post-operative patients. Unfortunately, failure to comply with these recommendations can result in cell damage from pressure.This can result in contour irregularities and a less than optimal result.
Best Results Post BBL
Avoid sitting on it but in general 200 cc is not enough. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.
What Can I do to Protect my Brazilian Butt Lift?
The key is how do we maximize the amount of fat that is going “take” or survive for the augmentation. One of the things that can help increase the amount of fat that stays after the transfer is preventing any trauma to the buttock area, that includes sitting. The pressure of sitting can be harmful to the fat for the first couple of weeks after the transfer.
I typically have patients avoid sitting for two weeks after the surgery. They can walk and sleep on their belly, just no sitting. After the first two weeks they can sit for an hour with a 10 minute break in between sitting sessions. After six weeks they can return to all of their normal routines.
There are special pillows that patients can purchase that avoids any pressure on the buttock in the post-operative period so that they can sit at work and still protect their fat transfer procedure.
I hope this helps, be sure to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon.
Protect results of brazilian butt lift
The most important thing for you to do is avoid applying direct pressure to the areas where fat was transferred. You may take a multivitamin, and be sure your diet is healthy and balanced.
Fat survival after Brazilian Butt Lift Requires Following your surgeon's instructions
Because there is variability in the techniques among surgeons, and because many of us have varying regimens for postoperative management, you should ask your surgeon what they prefer for you to do and not do after surgery.
The most important things are for you to choose your surgeon (outcomes!) carefully, and that you follow thier instructions very carefully.