Will masseter muscle exercises help? (Photo)

Hello everyone, I have a question about the symmetry of my masseter muscles. I used to chew an absurd amount of gum and I mainly chew on my right side. So that led to my right masseter muscle becoming much larger than the left. So that makes me ask the question. Is there a way I could exercise the both masseter muscles so they can back to being symmetrical? Here is a picture of me flexing my jaw muscles. Thanks.

Don't think so

Your masseter is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, muscle in your body.  It is unlikely that massage will change it.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Masseter Muscle Asymmetry

Exercise will not improve your master muscle asymmetry but Botox injections into the bigger side will.

Will masseter muscle exercises help?

It is highly unlikely that selectively chewing on the smaller side will improve symmetry. You can attempt this but I would be surprised if it makes much of a difference. Botox treatment to the larger, hypertrophic side can create a reliable improvement if needed. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon