Cheeks Radiesse filler. Are my cheeks too big for my face? Could they still be swollen? (Photo)

Had my cheeks augmented four days ago with Radiesse.. I'm wondering if my cheeks are too big for my face? And could my cheeks still be swollen? When I'm not smiling they seem fine but when I smile not sure if it's a good look. Any suggestions?

Cheeks Radiesse Filler

Thank you for your RealSelf question and photos.  It was a great idea to include the photos with and without your smile.
I advise my Radiesse patients and other filler patients that post-procedural swelling will resolve in approximately 1 week. Radiesse is also uniquely constructed with a gel vehicle that dissolves at the 3-month mark. Your doctor may have anticipated some of this loss and in one week you will likely find that this was a perfect treatment. Sometimes it takes a few extra weeks for this to occur. Definitely if you have any questions I recommend talking to your doctor. Good luck!
 Dr. Holy 

Swelling after Radiesse

Hello Wanda8,

Yes, you definitely will have swelling up to 4 weeks after Radiesse has been injected. Give it some time and I am sure you will very happy with your treatment. 

Hope this helps!
Dr Faraz

Swelling after injectables

Hello and thank you for your question. Swelling is a normal side effect of any injectable procedure and every patient is different as to how long their swelling will last. Your cheeks appear to look as expected after having Radiesse injected a few days ago. Based on your pictures it looks like you will be happy with your results. Give it a couple weeks and if you think they are still too big make a follow up appointment with your doctor. Regards, Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse Results

Radiesse can cause swelling which will resolve on its own in 2-4 weeks. You can still expect some swelling for several more days before you see optimal results. I suggest you speak to your physician if you are upset.  Best, Dr. Emer

Radiesse cheek lift

Thanks for your question. Yes, you can absolutely still have swelling at this point so I would not consider this the final look. Give filler injections about what weeks to judge the end result.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Radiesse and cheeks

After 4 days there is still probably a bit of swelling but looking at your pictures it looks like you are going to get a very good result. just give it another 10 days or so

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist