Is Infini Radio Frequency a replacement for lower face and neck lift?

i have severe sagging in my lower face and neck from weight loss. I am wondering if Infini Radio Frequency is seen as a substitute for a lower face and neck lift? Thank you in advance.

RF as a replacement for facelift

Despite heavy marketing as such, no machine is a replacement for a facelift. IMO anyone with 'sagging' is not a candidate for these often shortlasting and expensive interventions. There may be a place in mild laxity or in secondary tightening after surgery but as a primary lifting tool, the patients I consult for facelifting has spent 1000's and are generally non-plussed by the result.

London Facial Plastic Surgeon

No such thing as a nonsurgical facelift

While there are some good technologies such as Ultherapy and radiofrequency devices, none of them does enough to be called a facelift especially when there is significant skin laxity after weight loss. Save your money for the surgical facelift, which will nicely address the neck and lower face.

Richard Baxter, MD

Most non-surgical skin tightening claims are questionable regarding long-term outcomes

marylanduser,

Radiofrequency wave skin tightening seems transient at best, and a potential money waste at worst. It is generally offered by non-surgeons, as a non-surgical miracle approach.  The results, if any seem to be rapidly lost, and are also quite variable from patient to patient and area to area even in the same patient. Facelift/necklift are standards to which all other facial and neck rejuvenation procedures are compared, and there is a reason why they remain the standard. You should see a board-certified Plastic Surgery specialist for an authoritative consultation and exam to see what options are appropriate for our situation.  Information concerning facial and neck surgery is found at the link below.  Even surgical intervention with severe skin stretch after weight loss can be problematic, given loss of skin elasticity.  I hope that this helps.

Thomas M. DeWire Sr., MD (retired)
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

While radio frequency does promote collagen and tighten skin, it is temporary.  If you are having sagging skin from weight loss, I am assuming the facelift/necklift would benefit you most.  This will tighten the muscle and skin for a natural, rejuvenated appearance.

Radiofrequency treatment is no substitute for a facelift.

Skin tightening technology probably doesn't work in one it does the improvements would be very modest. Patients with significant redundancies get much better results with a formal operation such as a facelift.

Radio Frequency treatments for aging face and neck

Thanks for your question. There has been a lot of interest over the last 10 years for less and less invasive ways of reversing the aging process. Different modalities come in and out of style. They all work by stimulating collagen production and tightening in the lower layers of the skin. In my experience, none really deliver the results that you can get from a facelift. There is just no substitute if you have anything other than mild aging changes. Patients come in for these less invasive treatments, but they just end up having a facelift later when these kinds of treatments don't deliver the desired results.
My philosophy can be put rather simply: If you need a facelift, have a facelift! You'll be happier in the end.

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon

No, the best non surgical methods only achieve 20% skin tightening when compared to a face and neck lift. If you have facial laxity with jowling and loose neck skin you will need a lift. Non surgical techniques you mention can improve surface wrinkles but will not significantly tighten skin.

Infini

Infini is a new technology combining micro-needling with radiofrequency.  It is a great way to help improve fine lines and wrinkles and scars.  It will not correct severe sagging.  For that you need to have a face and neck lift.  If you still have some fine lines post-op you could do the Infini then.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

The simple answer is no, it is not a replacement for a lower face and neck lift in the patient with severe tissue sagging. Everyone would like a miracle cure for aging and the result of a well performed natural appearing facelift without actually having a surgical procedure. There are no miracle non-surgical procedures or treatments, including fillers, acupuncture, muscle stimulation, lasers, or skin creams, that can produce the same results as a facelift.

The term “non-surgical facelift” is a marketing term that actually deceives the public and does not live up to what is promised. It is often offered by physicians who are not capable of performing a facelift, because they have minimal or no formal plastic surgery training. There are, however, a variety of treatments that can provide some rejuvenation: Dysport or Botox, fillers, peels, lasers, skin tightening techniques like radiofrequency (temporary and extremely unreliable), fat injections, minimal lifts of localized areas, all of which still may require varying amounts of recovery time and are not without potential complications. They do not, however, produce results similar to a well performed natural appearing facelift, performed by a board certified plastic surgeon. None of these alone or in combinations are adequate if there is sagging facial tissue and excess skin, which would require a facelift to correct it.

I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with who has all of the modalities of treatment available. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Facial rejuvenation needs to be individualized. What would be an ideal approach for one patient is not necessarily the same for someone else. Based on the examination and discussion at the consultation, you should have a better understanding of the various options that can achieve the best cosmetic result for you.

You have only one face, so don’t shop for bargains or magical procedures when it comes to facial surgery. If it sounds too good to be true, it generally is!

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Severe facial sagging and options

Radiofrequency devices are good for very mild laxity. If you have severe laxity, then you are more than likely better off with a facelift.